Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Need Help!

Has anyone bought from this person? Would be nice if he had some scans. Dick Tracewski played for the Tigers not Orioles.

Link

Stingray

Comments

• Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    I had noticed his items yesterday also. Many, including some PSA 10's in price ranges $2500, do not have any scans.

His prices are a bit high also!!!
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭
    He is fine to deal with. He will be adding scans as the day goes along. He listed hundreds of auctions yesterday under the .10 special. The pics would have slowed him down, he'll get to them as soon as he can. Here is a link with his website: Kris Keppler

The site seems to be down now, but the phone # and email address are there. Send him a note and ask for a scan, he'll usually get it up if it is asked for. Good Luck, STEVE.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info, always looking for 67s and the price on that Tracewski did not seem too bad.

Stingray
  • Options
    baseballfanaticbaseballfanatic Posts: 2,415 ✭✭
    Guy is just a card flipper. Buys them low and tries to sell them high. Takes the fun out of a lot of stuff. Just check out auctions 5166916862 and 5196934063. He can eat his cards for all I care...............
  • Options
    I totally agree with baseballfanatic. I was bidding on an armour coin that he eventually won and now I see a listing for possibly the same coin(no pic uploaded yet) for more than 4x what the auction I lost ended up closing at! I guess that he is taking advantage of the 10 cent fixed price listing promo that was active yesterday.
    Current Sets:
    1960 Armour Coins
    Greg Maddux Basic
    Greg Maddux Master
    All Time 49ers
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    You are right, he bought a 63 Bombers Best for $160ish and now is doing a buy it now for $350+ Why do only buy it nows? Takes all the fun out of bidding and at least thinking I got a good deal?

Stingray
  • Options
    baseballfanaticbaseballfanatic Posts: 2,415 ✭✭
    Almost every card he sells, he has sniped on Ebay. The guy is only in it for the money and thats what ticks me off. Hey, he has a right to do it, but if everyone made him eat his cards, maybe he wouldnt do it anymore.............
  • Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭
    $.10 special? Did I not get the notice?

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • Options
    I believe the special was 10 cents insertion fee for fixed price auctions for thursday only. I saw it on the ebay homepage and it was in my messages section in the My ebay page i believe.
    Current Sets:
    1960 Armour Coins
    Greg Maddux Basic
    Greg Maddux Master
    All Time 49ers
  • Options
    agree with don. he's of the same kind as manontherock, sharpervintage.....big time sellers who try buy cards on ebay below SMR and sell them off at SMR or above. keppler is a nice guy, dont get me wrong..just someone i wouldnt buy from if i truly didnt need the card.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    hmmmmm Kris does do shows, he is in it for a living. To say he just flips cards is not quite true. I have bought from kris many times and he is a pleasure to deal with. Yes he buys on ebay (name a dealer that does not)
    Good for you.
  • Options
    hes a nice guy..it's just his stuff is usually overpriced.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,358 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Guy is just a card flipper. Buys them low and tries to sell them high. Takes the fun out of a lot of stuff. Just check out auctions 5166916862 and 5196934063. He can eat his cards for all I care............... >>

baseball
    My good buddies do that. I have bought cards on ebay that can easily go for twice what I paid on a good nite. It would be hasty to paint all dealers with a broad brush as carpetbaggers.

Keep in mind that they buy the card and take the risk when the flip goes south. If a person buys low and he lets it go high - the bidders determined the price not the dealer.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Can't mock a guy for trying to make a living. He has a business model that may or may not be effective, but you can't wish the guy ill will for no reason other than he's in it for the money. Personally, I could care less who the seller is as long as I have no personal knowledge of them doing wrong by anybody. If you found something, whether it be cards, clothes, toys, or babies (ok, strike that last one) that you thought you could buy low and sell high, wouldn't you?

Lee
  • Options
    Mac53Mac53 Posts: 805
    That's the whole point of wasting time at work looking at ebay instead, isn't it? Not to mention time we should be spending with the wife watching some disgusting "Sleepless in Seattle." Who among us would not have bought the Pope John Paul card for 10gs and turn it around for 100 large? Can't blame a guy for trying.
    "Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well."image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Guy is just a card flipper. Buys them low and tries to sell them high. Takes the fun out of a lot of stuff. Just check out auctions 5166916862 and 5196934063. He can eat his cards for all I care............... >>

baseball
    My good buddies do that. I have bought cards on ebay that can easily go for twice what I paid on a good nite. It would be hasty to paint all dealers with a broad brush as carpetbaggers.

Keep in mind that they buy the card and take the risk when the flip goes south. If a person buys low and he lets it go high - the bidders determined the price not the dealer.

mike >>

Mike
    The guy buys mainly PSA 9's and 10's. I know because I bid on the same cards a lot of times. Only thing I dont like is I'm trying to complete a set, kinda what the hobby is about. He'll outsnipe me, an usually triple or quadruple the card price on the buy it nows he holds when Ebay has a cheap listing day, kinda what the business is about. Nothing wrong with a profit. Just takes a lot of fun out of the hobby part of collecting cards.................
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    if he outsnipes you, oh well.. heh.. you cant complain about what he does with the card after he owns it.. HE is the one who put the $$ on the line and purchased the card..

more power to him..
    ·p_A·