Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

PCGS/Heritage registry set-did anybody get an email

Hi everyone, I just got an email from Heritage about a partnership with PCGS to have your Registry sets run thru Heritage. It says if you do this you will get free appraisals, auction prices realized, NGC Census as well as PCGS Pop data for each one of you coins. It says it is CONFIDENTIAL but I have a concern about this.If anyone else has gotten this email and has any knowledge about it please let me/us know what the real deal is. thanks Don/MM -

Comments

• Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    I received the same e-mail.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    ellewoodellewood Posts: 1,750
    I got mine this morning too. Not too sure what to make of this......

Heritage is proud to announce a more powerful FREE registry set program through a partnership with PCGS. You can now get free appraisal, auction prices realized links, and NGC Census as well as PCGS Population data for each one of your coins. But only when you set up your PCGS Registry Set through www.HeritageCoins.com.

This confidential service includes the following benefits from PCGS and Heritage:

Enter your sets using hundreds of pre-defined and easy to use templates. Edit and update your sets anytime.
    Receive a free analysis and a rating on your entire set (for completeness and quality).
    Allow your set to be viewed anonymously and compare your efforts with those of hundreds of collectors that share your passion. For complete anonymity, do not include any personally identifiable information in the Registry Set Title.
    Once registered, you will be eligible for free grades and pedigree benefits.
    Free entry to compete in the annual competition for "Best of the Registry" - even participate in the annual awards banquet.
    E-mail Heritage at Shop@HeritageCoins.com to request a complete analysis of your sets, including a free appraisal of the value, auction prices realized records associated with your set, and population data from both PCGS and NGC.

Discover the fun in
    the Set Registry

We hope you enjoy this new service. Please contact us if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Larry Abbott
    Executive Vice President
    LAbbott@heritagecoins.com
    Heritage Numismatic Auctions
    3500 Maple Avenue, 17th Floor
    Dallas, Texas 75219-3941

1-800-USCOINS (872-6467) Ext. 313 (24 Hour voice mail)
    Direct Phone: 214-252-4313
    Cellular Phone 214-477-0916
    Fax: 214-252-0458
    www.HeritageCoins.com
    www.HeritageCurrency.com
    www.HeritageGalleries.com
    www.HeritageComics.com
    www.HeritageMoviePosters.com
    www.HeritageSportsCollectibles.com
    www.HeritageAmericana.com

• Options
    Got the same e-mail, checked the PCGS main site - no information.
    Guess we will have to see what develops.

Dan
    The glass is half full!
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I received it as well. May be part of the deal they worked out to allow them to show PCGS pops in their auction listings. Heritage loves to know what coins people own, to determine who to try and get consignments from.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    KeyrockKeyrock Posts: 961
    I hate to see this phrases like "compete" and "awards". It is a feat to complete a set and collectors should be recognized for great sets. I just get sick of the hype of competition associated with the collections. Enjoy and have fun.
  • Options
    ebaytraderebaytrader Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭
    Other auctioneers are offering a similar plan.
  • Options
    weresteveweresteve Posts: 1,224
    As "The Great Yougart" once said ... "Merchandising ... Merchandising ... Merchandising ..."

Easier for them to see the holes in your collection so that they may better serve you by marketing quality coins to you in order to better assist you in filling these holes. Also serves as a good source of information for them should somebody else just happen to be looking for a quality coin that you just happen to have in your collection.
    1st You Suck - 04/07/05 - Thanks MadMarty!

Happy Rock Wrens

You're having delusions of grandeur again. - Susan Ivanova
    Well, if you're gonna have delusions, may as well go for the really satisfying ones. - Marcus Cole
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Any authorized dealer who chooses to participate will be offering it. It's called the Set Registry Kiosk™.

<< <i>It says it is CONFIDENTIAL >>

It's so confidential that they sent it to 100,000 people. image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    STEWARTBLAYNUMISSTEWARTBLAYNUMIS Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭

Hopefully PCGS will not give any information to Heritage about the contents in CLOSED SETS.Just what is PCGS giving Heritage ?
    Heritage gives out the PCGS pop report for FREE !!! I have to pay $40 every six months to PCGS for the privelege.This does not make sense to me.

Stewart
  • Options
    lloydmincylloydmincy Posts: 1,861
    OOOOOO. Everyone living in the same house. Remember, Heritage wants to know what you OWN. ANYWAY THEY CAN. That's why they have the surveys. Trying anything for you to SELL. ALWAYS sell through the best offer auction house/auction house and dealer. If you have a CLOSED registry set, it should NOT be exposed, and I doubt it is. Maybe signing up gets you the free pop reports, but at the same time, heritage can bug you.
    The Accumulator - Dark Lloyd of the Sith

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    You guys are worrying about nothing. The way the program works is that the dealer sets up a mini, or "kiosk" set registry on their own site. The only sets that will be registered there are those customers who CHOOSE to register them. This is not a transfer of all the set information from the current registry.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got one too but its basically another form of the My Collection thing IMO!!
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is Heritage doing their own annual awards banquet? Or is this really the PCGS annual awards luncheon?

There is an awful lot that does not make sense here. Sounds like we are best to find out by just waiting to see what develops.
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,000 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Heritage gives out the PCGS pop report for FREE !!! I have to pay $40 every six months to PCGS for the privelege.This does not make sense to me. >>

You can get most or all of the pop info for free by perusing the Registry.
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    I see a lot more junk mail coming from the heavy hitters about my registry!!!
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MadMarty: I can see you getting a little pi$$ed about that!image
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    MistercoinmanMistercoinman Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭
    I also recieved this e-mail about a week ago.
  • Options
    PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I don't rate.
    I didn't get one
    Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211