Comments/Advice requested
Options
newbiecollector
Posts: 2,992
Linky
This is a totally new area for me and I could use some comments/advice. It just caught my eye and I like it. After saying that I don't want to over pay too much.
What ya think?
This is a totally new area for me and I could use some comments/advice. It just caught my eye and I like it. After saying that I don't want to over pay too much.
What ya think?
Becoming informed but still trying to learn every day!
1-Dammit Boy Oct 14,2003
International Coins
"A work in progress"
Wayne
eBay registered name:
Hard_ Search (buyer/bidder, a small time seller)
e-mail: wayne.whatley@gmail.com
1-Dammit Boy Oct 14,2003
International Coins
"A work in progress"
Wayne
eBay registered name:
Hard_ Search (buyer/bidder, a small time seller)
e-mail: wayne.whatley@gmail.com
0
Comments
-
Personally i wouldn't. 1758 is not a rare date and it is possible to get them in say EF for about $70-80 with good honest tone (light grey). $60 is probably about £30?
That one looks a bit 'bright' to me (looks cleaned) although i do agree with the grade assigned but i think the price is slightly on the high side, not excessively, but there are better examples around which will give you more bang for the buck.
Take care of sixpences they are addictive.
A better one
£35 which is about $70? $10 more but it has an original tone and is a whole grade higher. Plus this dealer is situated in the US.0 -
I have dealt with York Coins, as have a few others on the Forum, I believe. From my experience, he is a very reputable dealer, so at least you can rely on that.Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis
DPOTD0 -
<< <i>I have dealt with York Coins, as have a few others on the Forum, I believe. From my experience, he is a very reputable dealer, so at least you can rely on that. >>
I'll second this, York coins is very good from what i know. I'm not disagreeing with the grade on that one but merely the eye appeal, personally i don't like it so i wouldn't pay that for it.
Sixpences have been somewhat of a specialty of mine and if you had posted this say two weeks ago i could have sold you any number of 17th/18th century sixpences myself.0 -
Thanks for the comments and advice folks. Like I said, this is a totally new area for me and needed comments. Thank you.
Any who remember me on here know I buy coins that catch mt eye, I don't normally worry about the cost. Of course, I buy lower priced coins but that's a budget thing.
Thanks again for the comments
Becoming informed but still trying to learn every day!
1-Dammit Boy Oct 14,2003
International Coins
"A work in progress"
Wayne
eBay registered name:
Hard_ Search (buyer/bidder, a small time seller)
e-mail: wayne.whatley@gmail.com0 -
Wayne -Does this mean less competion for ship coins? Glad to see you back.
Shep
0 -
Shep....it do NOT mean that.........lol and thanks for the welcome back
Becoming informed but still trying to learn every day!
1-Dammit Boy Oct 14,2003
International Coins
"A work in progress"
Wayne
eBay registered name:
Hard_ Search (buyer/bidder, a small time seller)
e-mail: wayne.whatley@gmail.com0
Categories
- All Categories
- 520.1K Coins and Currency - PCGS
- 328.6K U.S. Coin Forum
- 14.8K PCGS Set Registry Forum
- 5.2K Q & A Forum
- 41.4K World & Ancient Coins Forum
- 3K U.S. & World Currency Forum
- 96.4K Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
- 7.3K Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
- 1.5K Buy, Sell & Trade - Currency
- 61 Random
- 246.2K Trading Cards, Autographs and Memorabilia - PSA
- 90.3K Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
- 1.7K Autographs Forum
- 16.4K PSA Set Registry Forum
- 22K Sports Talk
- 115K Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
- 663 Buy, Sell & Trade - Autographs
- 2.2K Stamps
- 1.5K Stamps Forum
- 670 Buy, Sell & Trade - Stamps
- 83 Coin Shows
- 83 General Coin Show Information and Discussion
- 11.9K Misc
- 11.9K Testing Forum