Home› World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

My latest early gold purchase.

image
image
1597 Netherlands-Zeeland Province ducat ANACS
Anyone care to guess the grade?
-Hayden

Comments

  • Options
    JZraritiesJZrarities Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭

    Guessing ANACs EF-40
  • Options
    AuldFartteAuldFartte Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭✭
    Dunno what ANACS gave it ... I grade it "gorgeous" !!! image
    image

    My OmniCoin Collection
    My BankNoteBank Collection
    Tom, formerly in Albuquerque, NM.
  • Options
    CIVITASCIVITAS Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭
    Very nice. I'm pretty sure I already know the grade, so I won't play. image
    image
    https://www.civitasgalleries.com

    New coins listed monthly!

    Josh Moran

    CIVITAS Galleries, Ltd.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 24,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the color... as for the grade, I would rather see the coin first but since I don't have that luxury, EF45 seems reasonable, but these coins are not easy to grade so there is alittle spread here.

    Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 45,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know the grade, too. image

    Collector since 1976. On the CU forums here since 2001.

  • Options
    GDJMSPGDJMSP Posts: 799 ✭
    What I wanna know is what you're doin buyin my coins ?? image

    But it's OK - I already have that one image

    Nice coin - you obviously have excellent taste !! As for grade - ANACS is kinda tough to call with those but I'd say VF35.
    knowledge ........ share it
  • Options
    SylvestiusSylvestius Posts: 1,584 ✭
    Gorgeous coin!

    I'd guess VF with the grade.
  • Options
    coinmickeycoinmickey Posts: 767 ✭✭
    Love the coloring- EF-40?
    Rufus T. Firefly: How would you like a job in the mint?

    Chicolini: Mint? No, no, I no like a mint. Uh - what other flavor you got?



    image
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 45,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since he never revealed the grade, and since it's mine now (I mailed the check for it today, HT)- I'll tell:

    It's ANACS EF45.

    Collector since 1976. On the CU forums here since 2001.

  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 24,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thank you LordM... I feel alittle better about this

    Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

  • Options
    JZraritiesJZrarities Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭
    Nice coin. I have a few hammered, but I don't have one of those lovely Ducats...
    Congrats LM.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 45,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. This'll be the oldest dated gold I've owned. I previously had a French Ecu d'Or from the mid-1500's, but it was undated.

    Collector since 1976. On the CU forums here since 2001.

  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,291 ✭✭✭
    LordM, YOU SUCK!image
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

    WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803


    wnccoins.com
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 45,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahh, 'tis nice to hear that. It's been a while since I got told how much I suck. image

    Collector since 1976. On the CU forums here since 2001.

  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 18,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here ya go M'Lord image

    image
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 45,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully I'll post a find or two on the MD forum that will make you use that picture again, Cladiator. image

    I've gone out detecting once so far this month. To an 1890's hotel site with a lot of potential. But sadly, it sucked. (Not in a good way). I struck out miserably and the place is trashed over with modern debris from the 1950's building they just knocked down.

    Collector since 1976. On the CU forums here since 2001.

Sign In or Register to comment.