Home Q & A Forum
Options

Needing information on dates of grading

Mr. Hall:

Recently I purchased over 100 PCGS certified Morgans- the vast majority are in the Old Green Holders. I am not looking for who submitted the coin for certification- I am looking for when the coin was certified- month and year is all I really need.

For me, it is somewhat setting a time element as to when it made it's final resting place in a 'slab' and would lend one to provenance.

If there is a fee for requesting this information I have no problem with paying this (provided it is a reasonable figure), who should I ask of this besides yourself?

I appreciate your time in reviewing my request.

MH2

Comments

• Options
    homerunhallhomerunhall Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭

MH2,

Since we started we have always stayed away from dating our grading. Consequently, we do not provide "date of grading" information. Because there have been many changes to our holde (as we constantly try to improve our product) you can get a ballpark idea from the type of holder. I even believe someone has published a book listing dates of use for various holders used by various grading services.
    We of course have a data base that shows the date of each submission, the submitters, the individual graders for every coin and their grade. But that is not public information.

Thanks,

David