Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

For those who ever wonder who drops huge cash on sports cards at the big auctions...

The people who buy this stuff could wipe their ass with T206 Wagner cards.

Unreal

Comments

• Options
    Mac53Mac53 Posts: 805
    Good grief. Maybe I should become a scuptor. Apparantly all that's needed is a indistinguishable lump of material and an irrelevant title. My first work shall be called "Empty Plastic Box on a Dog's Butt."
    "Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well."image
  • Options
    phreakydancinphreakydancin Posts: 1,691 ✭✭
    Don't become a sculptor... you're "lump" won't be worth anything until after you're dead.
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭
    "Bird In Space"

After seeing it some people may call it "Taking Up Space."

• Options
    27 million dollars. Now some of those pre-war prices don't seem all that crazy... for that much you could own EVERY copy of the T206 Wagner and then some!!

GG
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTF? If I wasn't allowed to resell it, I wouldn't take that for free! I guess I have no taste for art.
  • Options
    TheCARDKidTheCARDKid Posts: 1,496
    Suddenly, collecting little pieces of cardboard doesn't seem all that silly......
  • Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    The article said that the piece was "rediscovered." I wonder if someone found it in an old cigar box in their grandmother's attic? Seriously, though...how does something like that get "rediscovered?" Was it lost? Did the babysitter misplace it while mom and dad were at the play?
  • Options
    Now why isn't psa grading those...That looks like an 8 to me...imagine that in a 10
    Always looking for 1968 Topps PSA 8's and 1960 Topps PSA 7's.

JPARCHITECTUS

• Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    ajw - it had been buried by a child playing in his sandbox. The child had good taste.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    Sorry, the page you requested was not found.