Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Bill Cobb (president of eBay North America) heard the number one concern was Trust and Safety

So knowing that, what are his top priorities?

After your letter to the Community in February, how many emails did you receive, and what were the most important things you learned?
Well, we stopped counting at 40,000 emails. I'd say there were two things that really stood out for me: One is the passion that the Community has around Trust & Safety issues.
The second big thing I took away was the amount of interest around shipping issues. Shipping is the next big friction point (after payments, which was solved by the integration of PayPal) that we need to solve for our buyers and sellers.

What do you see as your top priorities for eBay in 2005?
That one is easy! I have six priorities:

Improving natural search so that more of our sellers' listings are discovered by potential buyers via Internet search engines;
Growing the Business & Industrial category, which I believe still has a lot of untapped potential;
Expanding the eBay Motors marketplace;
Continuing to add value to eBay Stores;
Developing tools and programs to make shipping easier;
And for the longer term, improving the finding experience on eBay.

BTW - his feedback score is 81

What is the most unusual thing you've ever bought or sold on the site, and what is your feedback score?
I'd say the most unusual thing I've ever bought on eBay would be an electric golf cart. My feedback score is 81.
My posts viewed image times
since 8/1/6

Comments

• Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

Did anyone ever hear of a bad deal on eBay?
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    Coinhusker1Coinhusker1 Posts: 3,560
    I guess he would rather wait until the attorney generals from CA and NY get on his case about the rampant fraud on Ebay before it becomes a priority for him.
  • Options
    The "it's just an auction venue, it's not my resposibility" defense was tried and failed in CA by swap meet owners many years ago. Perhaps Mr. Cobb can find chin reduction creme on eBay. image
  • Options
    AuldFartteAuldFartte Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭✭
    Can he really be that big of a dipstick image

My OmniCoin Collection
    My BankNoteBank Collection
    Tom, formerly in Albuquerque, NM.
  • Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    If he has learned that there are problems with trust and safety, then why are none of his priorities geared towards that??? image
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file