Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Comments

• Options
    Well at least he does say in his sale :

The cards in the pictures are the actually cards you will be getting. The cards all look and feel old, they do not have the word reprint on them, but "they are old looking reproductions"
    Collecting all things Pittsburgh.

Completed my Clemente Basic Registry (2007 - 2014)!

Positive transactions with oakesy25,jasoneggert,swartz1,MBMiller25,gregm13,kid4hof03,HoopGuru33,Reese3333,BPorter26,Davemri
  • Options
    BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry to say that the title of this discussion is wrong.

This seller has been doing this for awhile and has even told me in a email that he sees nothing wrong with what he's doing.

BTW He has four other eBay accounts.

missouri_antiques

partsnitems

moby_the_pug

brumleyman

And how do I know they are all the same. Because he's so stupid to put his address on every auction. Just changes the name of who to send it to Brandon,Ashley,Brent and George.

Also by looking at feedback left for this joker I think that it's possible that friends of his are bidding on the items. All of these auctions of Brumleyman are private but here are a couple of the feedbacks I find odd.

100% real sport kings set, 110 % great seller. Gave my collection a huge upgrade

Unbelievable!! card advertised as reprint but was genuine!!!

Or then again maybe people are just stupid.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    So are the sets not marked reprint?
  • Options
    hes selling a bunch of single 33 goudey cards...which likely come from the link you provide where he buys a set of reprints.

the other link you provide has him selling sport king cards.
  • Options
    baseballfanaticbaseballfanatic Posts: 2,415 ✭✭
    Looks like he kinda overdid it with the aging process on the last bunch. Maybe if they looked too good, his conscience would bother him.....
  • Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    "The cards are pretty beat up with paper flaking off a lot of them"

That's because he cooked his reprints in the oven to make them look toned and brittle. After creasing them and rubbing the corners off, that is. Seems like a lot of work for the few bucks he's gonna get.
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    what a J E R K

peroid
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't really see the issue with this. He states that the cards ARE reprints, not dancing around the question with the 'due to ebay policy' bull.

Some people might want cards that look original in their collection to fool their friends... nothing wrong with this...

John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Nothing wrong with it? He is purposely is taking fakes and making them look old. That is not a trick to try and fool someone into thinking that these might be real. IMO that is very deseptive and wrong.

Stingray
  • Options
    Mac53Mac53 Posts: 805
    Setting aside the issue of him putting dates in the headings of his listing which is deceptive (IMO), what is this PGC that has allegedly graded what the seller calls a reproduction? Odd.
    "Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well."image
  • Options

<< <i>He is purposely is taking fakes and making them look old. >>

how do you know that HE is doing this? Do you have some information we do not have? Because that is an assumption your can not prove at all. The ONLY thing you do know for a fact is that he is selling reprints that may or may not look old, and that he is saying clearly that they are reprints. HE may have bought them that way or found them in a garage sale or whatever. And while it is true that Anyone that buys is a fool, the seller is not doing anything wrong.
  • Options
    phreakydancinphreakydancin Posts: 1,691 ✭✭
    There is a fine line between trickery and scammery. He states very clearly, "Once again the cards are reproductions so bid accordingly." You'd have to be a complete idiot to bid on these hoping to get the real deal. The real problem is that the buyer is likely a genuine scammer hoping to sell the singles for a profit.

BTW, the rubber band is a nice touch.
  • Options
    this seller buys repints ages them and then resells them.....if you read this entire thread ,i hope any one can put 2 and 2 together and figure this out. he then lists them under 1930s singles.he has shill bidders buy and leave feedback that the reprints are real, and hopes to lure scammers into buying them.these cards are then sold at shows, flee markets and ebay or other internet sites. (not to only idiots, maybe new collectors or kids whose dads collect). if those of you who read this think, that is OK, then i think you need to find a new hobby,because this is not a good thing.