Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

storing cards in albums

When storing cards in albums, do you think it's ok to store the albums standing up? Or is it better to lay them down flat?

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,770 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Either way is fine. If flat just make sure there's not too much weight on them. If standing upright make sure the album is tightly bunched so that the plastic holders don't buckle and get wavy.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion standing them up is the way to go. Laying them flat puts unnecessary weight on the cards. I am sure if the albums are layed flat then there is most likely multiple albums stacked upon each other because who has enough room to lay them out singley. This is just my opinion , then again my wife and friends sometimes call me Rainmanimage
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    One thing you will want to watch out for is dust getting in the binders from them standing up...if you are going to store them long term, I'd suggest putting a small piece of plastic across the top of the pages, or investing in the MJ roop binders which come with a very nice sleeve for the binders to slide into.
  • Options
    charliehustle14charliehustle14 Posts: 425 ✭✭✭
    Good point about protection from dust, Axtell. I know MJ Roop products are top-notch and their slipcovers protect the cards from dust and other potential hazards....I remember a card shop I used to frequent back in the late 80's carried slipcovers for 3 inch binders and I think they were made by BCW Supplies to match their albums. I haven't seen these things in years. Does anyone know if I can get slipcovers like this anymore? I've got dozens of sets in albums and it's just not practical to go the MJ Roop route on all of them.

Todd
  • Options
    phreakydancinphreakydancin Posts: 1,691 ✭✭
    I store them spine-up so the sheets hang nicely from the rings rather than slumping and potentially bending the cards with the spine vertical.
  • Options