Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

I GUESS MY $40.00 BID DIDN'T CUT IT!!!

Really wanted this one but I never thought it would go that high!

WOW!

Comments

• Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Well - at least I know who Brian Winters is now...
  • Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to say........but you are not much of a Brian Winters fan if you would only pay $40 for a PSA 10 1/1 !! IMHO
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Sorry to say........but you are not much of a Brian Winters fan if you would only pay $40 for a PSA 10 1/1 !! IMHO >>

I don't know if you're serious or not, but that's a ridiculous thing to say.
  • Options
    brianwintersfanbrianwintersfan Posts: 3,626 ✭✭

<< <i>Sorry to say........but you are not much of a Brian Winters fan if you would only pay $40 for a PSA 10 1/1 !! IMHO >>

Thanks for the wonderful insight! image
    I guess the subject line was supposed to be a bit humorous after I saw where this one closed but I guess that was lost on you.
    Hey you put in your bid and you get on with life and sometimes you win.I guess this time I didn't.
    And trust me I'm the only Brian Winters fan I know and if you saw my collection you would have kept your mouth shut!
  • Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    It's hard to place a value on PSA 10 cards from the 70s and earlier, because SMR doesn't. I guess it depends on how many of them exist and how many people want 'em. Sometimes they don't get a lot more than SMR 9 (DSL and 4SC pump these out on eBay all week long and that's part of the reason WHY). Sometimes they go for many times SMR 9. If at least two people are working on a high-grade 1977 set and this is a 1/1, I'm not at all surprised it went for more than $200.

Set builders will do it to ya every time. image