Home Autographs Forum

RARE Unpublished Bowie Concert 35MM & Signature 1976

Hi All,

here is another rare set from my collection. This is an unpublished photograph of David Bowie taken in April of 1978 during the famous recorded Stage World Tour. As he is wearing his Japanese silk shirt and leather pants odds are he is singing Heroes. The signature is from 1976 - the years of The Man Who Fell to Earth. Bowie is most always forged, but most forgeries are easily spotted as forgers often don't understand the construction of his siganture. And, he is left handed. Unlike the copyright to other still I have posted, I own the copyright to this one image

Best,
Billy image

David Bowie - original unpublished 35mm-color slide (with copyright) of David Bowie performing on the "Stage" World Tour, April 1978

David Bowie - vintage signed unlined index card, "Bowie 76", blue fine point ink, 1976

The following photograph is from a sereis of negatives I have taken on the set of the film Basquiat starring Jeffrey Wright as Basquiat, Bowie as Andy, Gary Oldman, Courtney Love, Christopher Walken, Benicio Del Toro and a lot more, like Willem DaFoe and Dennis Hopper. Mr. Chow plays himself! I saw him do a special small venue "Ballroom Floorshow" that only played 4 dates total around the time of this filming in NY (concerts are a hobby of mine) and he performed his old song "Andy Warhol" in character.

Unpublished David Bowie in an original Warhol wig in character on the set of the 1996 film Basquiat - Mary Boone Gallery scene - personal collection

Comments

• KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    Cool autograph.. It's sloppy and all but I like it.
  • magikbillymagikbilly Posts: 6,780

<< <i>Cool autograph.. It's sloppy and all but I like it. >>

Hi Knuckles,

actually, for a mid 70's Bowie, this is very well ordered and neat! His current SIG is squite sloppy unless your lucky. His earlier signatures on Ziggy material are signed legibly "David Bowie" and some stuff his real name "David Jones".

Best and thanks,
    Billy image