Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Hi, I'm new here

Hello all! My name is Paul, and I live in Joliet, Illinois, in the good ol' U.S.A.
I recently re-kindled a long dormant interest in coins, and have been investing (silver) and collecting (aimlessly). I have acquired a complete run of Australian Kooks, and a full set of Piedfort proof "Birds of Australia" issues. Also hoarding American eagles, and accumulating old U.S. coins.
Thanks for reading, -just thought I would introduce myself! imageimage

Comments

• Options

<< <i>Hello all! My name is Paul, and I live in Joliet, Illinois, in the good ol' U.S.A.
    I recently re-kindled a long dormant interest in coins, and have been investing (silver) and collecting (aimlessly). I have acquired a complete run of Australian Kooks, and a full set of Piedfort proof "Birds of Australia" issues. Also hoarding American eagles, and accumulating old U.S. coins.
    Thanks for reading, -just thought I would introduce myself! imageimage >>

imageWelcome .....
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    Welcome! Please make yourself at home and enjoy yourself.
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    wildjagwildjag Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭
    Hi Paul, welcome to the boards image
  • Options

Dan
    The glass is half full!
  • Options
    Welcome aboard! image
    "Any fool can use Power, but it is our wits that make us men."

Collecting Penguins, Named Ship Coins and other assorted goodies

Looking for Circulated coins of Papua New Guinea

stores.ebay.com/Grumpy's-Cave
  • Options
    welcome to the nut house!!! we're mostly harmless (except to your wallet) around here, so pull up a chair and sit down for a spell!!!
    Cecil
    Total Copper Nutcase - African, British Ships, Channel Islands!!!
    'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'
  • Options
    Tony Harmer
    Web: www.tonyharmer.org
  • Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the Darkside,,Feel free to Post Photos,,,We image Photos.
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the board!
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    danglendanglen Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the Darkside and we'll overlook the fact you still collect some Lightside stuff image
    danglen

My Website

"Everything I have is for sale except for my wife and my dog....and I'm not sure about one of them."
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome, but I would disagree that it is harmless over here. Like many addictions, it doesn't seem like there is a problem at first but soon, you start noticing lots of cool coins that people are showing off and then you buy a few here, a few there, and one day you wake up and realize you just bought a bigger (box/safe/safety deposit box/other storage of your choice) to accomodate all your new collections. Very dangerous, but alot of fun imageimage.

Cathy

• Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    JZraritiesJZrarities Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the Darkside!
  • Options
    Welcome!

Mark
  • Options
    oldshepoldshep Posts: 3,240
    Welcome Paul - Stick around and share your ideas and coin photos with us.!!
    Shep
  • Options

<< <i>Hello all! My name is Paul, and I live in Joliet, Illinois, in the good ol' U.S.A.
    Thanks for reading, -just thought I would introduce myself! imageimage >>

Welcome aboard. I love those piedfort proofs birds, alas I only have the eagle.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    Welcome. I am new too.
  • Options
    AuldFartteAuldFartte Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭✭
    image Paul ... and RedPenny image

I dropped by the Darkside several months ago looking for a bit of information about a coin ... and now they can't get rid of me image
    I have abandoned my liteside collection (that stuff is just way too expensive anymore) and have started a bunch of Darkside collections.

Enjoy it here !!! image

My OmniCoin Collection
    My BankNoteBank Collection
    Tom, formerly in Albuquerque, NM.
  • Options
    shirohniichanshirohniichan Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭
    Youkoso, bienvenue, and wilkommen.

I'm addicted to weird Royal Canadian Mint packaging and the coins they contain. image
    Obscurum per obscurius
  • Options
    Welcome to you both! I'd have to agree with Stork that you may find yourself needing more storage after hanging out here long enough. image

But the cumulative collections of the members who post here (and I suspect quite a few lurkers) will take your breath away. Many of them, by themselves, would make a museum curator smile in satisfaction and we get to see them all for free.

That said; please share your knowledge and your treasures here as well. It brings a greater awareness of what's out there for us all.

To paraphrase our good friend Lordmarcovan,

<< <i>I will not collect Goetz, I will not collect Goetz, I will NOT collect Goetz.... >>

Alright, maybe just one... image
    Vern
    You want how much?!!
    NapoleonicMedals.org
    (Last update 3/6/2007)
  • Options
    MSD61MSD61 Posts: 3,382
    Hello and welcome to the darkside Paul and RedPenny! We have a lot of "interesting" people hereimage
  • Options
    PBRatPBRat Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Paul and RedPenny.
  • Options
    GDJMSPGDJMSP Posts: 799
    Howdy Guys - Welcome image

Now share some pics image
    knowledge ........ share it
  • Options
    SylvestiusSylvestius Posts: 1,584

<< <i>Howdy Guys - Welcome image

Now share some pics image >>

... and then prepare to be bombarded by GD's pics... image

LOL, sorry GD... i'm only jealous.
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Paul you're right down the road from me! Please turn your PM function on!

Welcome RedPenny enjoy!!!
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    Thanks for all the responses. Now to figure out the ins and outs of this darkside place that I've stumbled into.

I'm scared, hold me!
    ----------------------------------------------
    Marty, where is "right down the road"?image
  • Options
    shirohniichanshirohniichan Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭
    Paul, do you know anyone by the name of Coin Cobbler? I think he did time in Joliet. image
    Obscurum per obscurius