Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

squirt cards

anyone know about these? they were issued with a soft drink and the team names looks like the font used in 1978. is this the year they were issued? are they gradeable? i've seen the ones with 2 cards per panel.

thanks

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06

Comments

• Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    The only Squirts I have seen were issued in 1981 and 1982.

The 1981 set had 33 cards issued as 2 card panels (with cards 1-11 appearing twice, and cards 12-33 appearing only once).

The 1982 set had 22 cards and were issued as 2-card panels, and also as singles with attachment tabs that had scratch-off games and advertisements to "Collect all 22".
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    i think the ones i saw must have been from 82 since it had reference to 22 card set. do you know if psa grades these? do you detach beforehand?

thanks

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• Options
    I'm not sure if PSA grades them. I had one on my eBay watch list a while back--It was a single card and had no tab attachments. I did not bid, but it did get me a little interested in the set. Maybe a PM to carol would answer the question about whether PSA would grade them, and if they wanted the attachment tabs left on.
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

I have the 1981 Rod Carew graded in a PSA 8.
  • Options
    I have a Bruce Sutter 82 in PSA 9

• Options
    81's is what i saw. thanks akbar.

carew and bengineno9 - anyway to send me a scan?

thanks

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• Options
    What are your thoughts on these? I can understand the rough cut on OPC, but these perforations are horrendous. Not sure how the Charby ended up in a 10 holder.

imageimage

I sent a few of these in earlier this year and they all came back as "trimmed". Yes, they were hand cut from the panel, just as this one. Can you tell from the cert number the timeframe when this may have been submitted?

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

Oops, wrong thread!
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What are your thoughts on these? I can understand the rough cut on OPC, but these perforations are horrendous. >>

Wow! I agree David. The top almost looks as if a roach chewed on it lol!

When I was a kid, I remember being very upset when I woke up one morning. I left my freshly opened cards on the dresser the night before. When I began to sort through my cards, I noticed the edge of my Sandberg rc was all chewed up. I immediately remembered hearing a slight, chewing sound the night before. Turns out a roach must have liked the scent of the gum on the cards and went to town on the right edge lmao!

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That top edge does look really rough for a ten. They must treat them like opc cards.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.