Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

SSP - Lots of African coins on the bay!!!

Just listed 37 new auctions on ebay:

auctions

Lots of stuff from proof sets and more!!!!
Cecil
Total Copper Nutcase - African, British Ships, Channel Islands!!!
'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'

Comments

• Options
    Hi Cecil - just wondering if you could assist me.

I've a customer asking whether there are any South African price guides available along the lines of the Spink Guide. Are they any you could recommend?

Many thanks for your help.

Andy
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed that there was more than just the copper missing from the 1972 Cook set imageimage. I put in a few bids for you, though I doubt my bids on the gold will hold up at the end.

Cathy

• Options
    Andy - I have been combing the vast wastelands of the net looking for a decent price guide for SA coins and I have yet to find one... I currently use Krause with a healthy dose of skepticism along with keeping an eye on the finished auction prices on the bay and elsewhere to get a general idea of what I have and what it's worth. I will let you know if I ever find a reasonable reference.

Stork - when I bought the Cook Island set, the wienie coin had already been removed so I do not have that in my collection....image (btw - thanks for the bids!)
    Cecil
    Total Copper Nutcase - African, British Ships, Channel Islands!!!
    'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'
  • Options

<< <i>Andy - I have been combing the vast wastelands of the net looking for a decent price guide for SA coins and I have yet to find one... I currently use Krause with a healthy dose of skepticism along with keeping an eye on the finished auction prices on the bay and elsewhere to get a general idea of what I have and what it's worth. I will let you know if I ever find a reasonable reference. >>

Thanks Cecil. I had already pointed him in the direction of Krause but said that I would ask around in case there were any guides that I was unaware of. Yes, if you do find a reasonable reference, then please let me know! image

Cheers

Andy