Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Submission question.

I know this is a PCGS forum but I happen to have a NGC member number for submissions. I didn't feel like I should have to pay for a membership number to submit to PCGS when I could get one for free at NGC.

I have 5 Morgans I want to send in for grading and a couple of nice rainbow toned Ikes. My question is can I send them in under "Economy" with the Morgans or do I have to have 3 more "Moderns" with a seperate submission sheet?

Another question I have is that the submission sheet says that "Economy" submissions have to be $300 or less in value and the next tier is "Early Bird" at $3,000 or more for submission. A couple of the Morgans fall in the $450 value range.

I just want to send some coins in for submission at the least possible cost and don't care how long it takes to get them back.

Any suggestions?

Loan Shark

Comments

• Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

Yes, you can send Modern coins under the Economy level (but not the other way around)

You can "sneak" in $300+ plus coins but you can't declare their value for more than $300 (that would be a clue for them)

The declared value has to do with insurance, so if you are worried about the return insurance you can call them after you get grades to increase the insurance level (because to your surprise the coin graded so high it's now worth more than $300)

My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file