Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Any bat experts here...

I picked up several bats over the past two days... I need some help with a couple though... and an idea of the value if you are knowledgable in that area.

These are HOF bats, issued for the annual induction ceremony and signed on induction day by the living inductees.
The top one has sigs of Doerr and McCovey, the bottom one is single-signed by Stargell. What is the best way to sell these? And what should they be titled?

I also picked up some miniature bats, either give-aways or sold at Tiger stadium... both are Hillerich & Bradsby, one is Mickey Cochrane which I presume is from the 1930's, can anyone verify this? The other is Norm Cash, presumably from the 1960's. Any idea what these things worth?

Any help is greatly appreciated with this stuff. Also, what is the best way to sell a game-used bat? Do they need to be authenticated? Who is best to use for that? It's pretty obvious they are legitimate and game used, and I know how they were obtained, so I know for certain they are what they are, but... not everything is so simple in this hobby.

Thanks, Josh

Comments

• The bats are just that, Hall of Fame induction bats. 500 bats were made per induction ceremony from 1936-87, and from 1988 on 1,000 bats per ceremony. Louisville Slugger has been making them since 1983. They have a pretty touchy market which I havent followed too much of lately, but are a pretty cool collectible. Selling game used bats is pretty simple. The hard core collectors out there know what to look for, and will ask you questions about stamping, pinetar, use and cracks if they cant be seen or arent in your description...
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Josh
    Unfortunately my most recent edition of Sports Memorabilia from Krause doesn't have them listed.
    I found an older issue from 1996 that has the 1986 at 285$ and the 1988 at 185$. Neither auto it a real high dollar sig as such but adds to the value and allure on ebay IMO.

Were you considering having the auto's authenticated by PSA/DNA? That's what I use to search for autos on ebay. That would put them in good company for getting a good return - I would guess.

Sorry I didn't have something more up to date. Those are really cool BTW!
    mike
    Mike