Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

REA auctions server is awful... it can't handle the traffic

Absolutely pathetic... over $1M worth of auctions ending tonight and their auction site is running at the speed of a slow crawl.

Comments

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Josh
    What are you bidding on? Just curious.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    A761506A761506 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭
    I'll let you know the ones I win later... I could be out a lot of dough tonight
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'll let you know the ones I win later... I could be out a lot of dough tonight >>

Good luck!

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    They extended it 2 hours. Not too thrilled since I did everything humanly possible to get bids in before 4:00. Whatever they do, the need to spend some of that commission $ on adding capacity (and moving away from ODBC).
    Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    Slow is an understatement!

If you want to compete with the likes of mastro, you need to spend like they do as well.

Im only looking at one auction and its a pain, imagene if you are looking at 5 or more at the same time
    "Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • Options
    I'm not sure if I'm a big fan of the 15 minutes, then another 15 minutes if someone had bid in the last 15 rule. I don't mind the 15 minute rule in general, but I'd rather have it be "Extended 15 minutes on every single new bid" the way that MG Auctions has it set. That way you know for sure if it's going to be extended or not.

Edit - Oh great. The clock is down, saying only "Refresh the page", which does nothing (doesn't respawn the clock, etc). On the bids page, the status on all of the auctions is open though, so I don't know if it's over yet or not. I'd be shocked if it was over so soon, even with the extended bidding period.
    Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    Tell me about it. I was bidding on the 52 bowman and 52 topps uncut sheets but gave up about an hour ago. After my bids went by the wayside i could not raise them again and was to lazy to get the phone #. Oh well. $ saved for the next time.
    Scott

T206's are always being bought.

aloof1003@comcast.net
  • Options
    You should still be able to bid. It's still going on (as long as you had bid on them before 6:00).
    Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    Anybody win anything yet?
  • Options
    earlycalguyearlycalguy Posts: 1,247 ✭✭
    I got the 54' topps graded set. lot number 357. Kaline is an 8, banks 5, aaron 3, williams are 4 and 5. set was minus the mays and one common. set is mainly psa 5-7. about 12 eights in the set - some o/c. some 4's and under. I based my bid on the kaline psa being $600. for comparables there were no recent psa 8's sold, a gai 8 Kaline went for $850 or so.
  • Options
    1960 Nu-Card Baseball Hi-Lites Complete Set Autographed (45 of 72) - $1972 with the premium. I figure with 2 Mantles, a Jackie Robinson, a Greenberg, a Fox, and a bunch of other good autographs, I should be able to break it up and do well with it. I'll probably shread the secretarial autographs.

I was the second-highest bidder on the 1963 Topps Autographed set, but I just couldn't justify the jump to $5000.
    Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    A761506A761506 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭
    The 1959 Bazooka sheet is mine