Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Newest bustie

coinlieutenantcoinlieutenant Posts: 9,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just thought that I would share the newest addition...

John

Comments

• Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    wonderful!!!!
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    ibzman350ibzman350 Posts: 5,315
    That is one beautiful lady....image

Herb
    Remember it's not how you pick your nose that matters, it's where you put the boogers.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Not bad image A TYPICAL CoinLt Bustie image
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    coinlieutenant,

did you always like such old and rare coins from the beginning?

Or did you tastes mature and grow into that area?

I have no idea what the coin cost, but just looking at it, to me,
    screams rare and expensive. I have never seen one in real life.
  • Options
    Terror,

"Expensive" is a relative term. To some on this board it would be expensive. To others, ridiculously cheap. The coin is AU and is common but uncommonly original and toned. All in all, most Americans could afford it after a year of not smoking a pack of cigs a day or eating less McDonalds.

I am not rich by a long shot, but I dont spend much disposable income on things other than coins (and sushi) image.

As far as my taste, yes it did develop. My first passion for coins was seated dimes. It moved to type for a long period, then early gold and finally has settled out into a streamline of bust halves, seated halves and indian cents. But I will buy just about anything that I think is a good deal with originality or eye appeal. In this market, you have to be omniverous if you are as picky as I am with the budget I have.

The rich can afford to be picky and frivilous. And I would put my collection of circ bust halves against most uncirculated collections anyday. I might not win an overall numismatic rarity contest, but I would most likey beat them in originality and eye appeal, and always in bang for the buck.

John
  • Options
    stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well ain't that "Purdy"image Yeah you SUCK!!!!

Eventually you might come over to the "Crusty side." I think there is hope for ya.
    Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • Options
    BustmanBustman Posts: 1,911

The rich can afford to be picky and frivilous. And I would put my collection of circ bust halves against most uncirculated collections anyday. I might not win an overall numismatic rarity contest, but I would most likey beat them in originality and eye appeal, and always in bang for the buck.

John,
    A bit over confident, aren't we? I have seen some pretty amazing AU Bust sets out there. In fact, one in specific that a major dealer is putting together. If you saw it, you would likely walk away with your jaw on the ground and your tail between your legs.

Nice coin.

• Options
    LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162
    Very Nice LT! Looks 55ish?
  • Options
    John,

I know that Laura is putting together a set. I really dont know what your problem is with me, but you obviously have one.
    Laura should be able to come up with a better set than me. She gets first shot at tons of stuff and makes probably 10 times my salary!!

Notice I said "most sets"... Why do you have to be so negative and rain on people's parades John? Seriously why?

I have never done anything to you except pass on a barber dime that you sold on ebay, which must have been a serious greivance in your eyes.

If you dont have anything nice to say, dont say it. If I wanted your opinion, I would have asked for it. I posted the coin for people to look at. I wouldnt ever comment negatively on a coin unless someone asked my opinion much less rip on a set compared to some major dealers or anyone elses. I am proud of what I have put together, that is it. I wasnt downing anyone else.

John
  • Options
    A little sensitive, John? I was merely pointing out that your statement was quite the generalisation.
    And no, I don't have a problem with you. Certainly not for passing on the Barber dime.
  • Options
    michaelmichael Posts: 9,524 ✭✭
    whaT ARE THE HIGH points or first sign of rub/friction on a bust half? obverse? reverse?
  • Options
    Michael,

The upper rightmost hair curl and the cap have some friction.

In general, cap, right hair curl, cheek on obverse...eagles head and wing turn on reverse.

John
  • Options
    That is right John..use the old "a little sensitive" line to cover up for your own tasteless post.

I am not sensitive in the least, my coins speak for themselves. What I am sensitive about is collectors being excited about coins, coming to this board and getting hacked apart and disheartened by all the negativity and conflict that goes on at this board. It is ridiculous.

Your response to my post fits exactly into the type of crap that people dont need in their lives. We have enough of it as it is. Numismatics and this board are supposed to be relaxing and enjoyable, not full of conflict.

Some people obviously dont know how to conduct themselves without it and it sometimes seems many in that category hang out here.

• Options
    CoinL -- Well said! I enjoy looling at your coins, keep them coming and don't let the negative post get you.

Dan
    The glass is half full!
  • Options
    zeus135zeus135 Posts: 1,043
    BEAUTIFUL coin, well done. Coins and sushi, I know exactly where you are coming from.
    My humble '63 mint registry set, not much, but it's mine!
  • Options
    WWWWWW Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭
    Wow! Nice coin John, and I really like the image you took of it. image
  • Options
    USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    michaelmichael Posts: 9,524 ✭✭
    an extremely attractive great eye appealling au62 bust half coinLjohnimage
  • Options
    John,
    No, you're just being too sensitive. I did say your half was a nice coin. It's fine that you are proud of you set, as well you should be. But to make the statement that your set would compare to or beat most MS sets tells me that you really have no idea of what's out there. Most of us "collectors" dont. Once and a while I'm lucky enough to get a glimpse of some of these amazing pieces that are stashed away and I'm absolutely BLOWN away. Thats my point.
    IMHO you are the one that is getting nasty and negative.
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    Beautiful, thanks so much for sharing her with usimage
    Becky
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    John,

I do know what is out there, and I didnt say that I would beat their coins. An amazing uncirc coin will always be more desirable than an amazing circ coin.

Let's just drop it.

John
  • Options
    DarkmaneDarkmane Posts: 1,021
    all i know is that coin is amazing and puts my new purchase to shame =P
  • Options
    greghansengreghansen Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭
    coinlieutenant, I like your attitude towards collecting and how to be a productive member of the board...and I LOVE your coin. I'm also working on an AU+ bust half set, but unfortuanely, very few of mine have that degree of originality, luster and overall eye appeal. I finally had the confidence to buy a raw bust half in Kansas City @ ANA. I'll try to get it imaged and posted sometime in the next few days.

Greg Hansen, Melbourne, FL Click here for any current EBAY auctions Multiple "Circle of Trust" transactions over 14 years on forum

• Options
    I would love to see it Greg!!

J
  • Options
    Nice coin pretty colors.

Hey guy, you did proclaim your coins are the kings of the Busties world. Can't people just buy the damn coins and enjoy them? I don't think Bustman was out of place, your comments say it all.

I have some monster Busties too. Let me tell you, AU's can come nice, but MS coins are far superior-no matter what you think. Next week I'll post images of them.
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    I thought I smelled some flaming. image

Great coin! image (Even if you are a wannabe image )

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    OK, that did it. You guys argue over you pretty Busties.image Time to crash the party. Actually this "Crusty"
    lady has nice iridescent colors and decent luster. Russ, while you're here do ya think if this went to the
    bath factory it would go cam, dcam?image

• Options
    I felt that my "king of the busties" statement, was a bit more subdued and humble than it is being made out to be. If I offended any of you "MS" bustie guys, I am sorry. That really was not my intention and those of you that know me know that I am not that type of person at all.

I collect the coins that I do because I think that they represent a great value in this market given an eye appeal difference between a MS bustie and an AU of the caliber I collect. Especially in this series since so many slabbed MS coins, even gems, have noticable friction yet cost 10 times as much!!

Stman, all I get is an x... you crusty dog.

J
  • Options
    pmh1nicpmh1nic Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice coinlieutenant
    The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice is it possible for an empire to rise without His aid? Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    Let's see, coinlieutenant posts a very nice toned bust on the "coin forum" instead of a worthless flamer thread and...

<< <i>A bit over confident, aren't we? I have seen some pretty amazing AU Bust sets out there. In fact, one in specific that a major dealer is putting together. If you saw it, you would likely walk away with your jaw on the ground and your tail between your legs. >>

The

<< <i>Nice coin. >>

was probably the edit.
    Then we get...

<< <i>I have some monster Busties too. Let me tell you, AU's can come nice, but MS coins are far superior-no matter what you think. Next week I'll post images of them. >>

DUH...Here's a pop 1/0 and I still think coinlieutenant's has far better eye appeal,

There are people on this forum that can spend 7 digits before the decimel on coins and there are those that can spend 2...lighten up a little!image

Flame Away!!!
    Keith
  • Options
    mozinmozin Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭
    I don't see why this discussion is on the regular US forum. Guys challenging each other should be "off topic", and hopefully plainly humorous. I have no problem with the way the thread was started, only what happened later.image
    I collect Capped Bust series by variety in PCGS AU/MS grades.
  • Options

<< <i> I have no problem with the way the thread was started, only what happened later. >>

OK, sorry Mozin.... I shouldn't have posted that nasty thing, I should have figured it would upset someone.
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    CL, keep them purty bustie pictures coming.image
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file