Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

PSA is using half grades..

for autograph baseballs, anyway..

link

·p_A·

Comments

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very interesting Perry
    I didn't know they did that. Also, the ball is going for some righteous bucks! PSA/DNA Mantles are white hot on ebay! I paid 39$ for my ball years ago. Unless one knows they are going to get a high grade, it's probably better just to get the thing authenticated and not cubed/holdered.

mike
    Mike
  • kobykoby Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    Maybe the shape of things to come for sportscard grading too.
  • pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>PSA/DNA Mantles are white hot on ebay! I paid 39$ for my ball years ago. >>

i'll offer you double your money.. image ok, make that triple your money.. no? how about 4x?

BTW: the PSA ball grading scale goes from 1-10, but they also add these paragraphs..

Determining the Overall Grade
    While many overall grades will fall on an exact number, there are cases where the overall grade may fall into a half-grade. For example, if the autograph is a "10" and the ball is a "9" = the overall grade would then be Mint 9.5. Please refer to the PSA Grading Grid for a detailed explanation. Please refer to the PSA Grading Grid for a detailed explanation.

There are also cases where the grade of an autographed ball will rise or decrease based on eye-appeal. The graders reserve the right to add or subtract up to a half point to or from the grade based on the strength of the eye-appeal. So, for example, you may have an autograph that grades out as a "8" but the ball is only a "3" due to a technical defect - resulting in an overall grade of "6.5" (after rounding has occurred). The grader may alter the grade up to a half point, up or down, if the overall grade does not accurately reflect the overall presentation quality in the grader's opinion.

·p_A·
  • it is just a matter of time before they do the same thing with cards.
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>it is just a matter of time before they do the same thing with cards. >>

GoBraves

Put them in ball cubes?

Mike