Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

POOF, the disappearing Bison Nickel Order

Went on the Mint's web site last night and again this morning, to check status of my order. I ordered SAE's (which I have received) and the Bison nickels which are now no where to be found. They do not show up on the order or the 'History'. I have a print out of the order and have had three different
'Expect to Ship' dates. I best watch my billing, so this crazyness does not hit me in the pocket book. If I treated the IRS like the Mint is treating, would I be in jail? HAHAHA

Comments

• Options
    Call them up and ask them WTF ?
  • Options
    7summits7summits Posts: 316 ✭✭
    I'm about an INCH away from cancelling my Bison nickel order. (I can still do this because the order still shows up on their site, but the ship date has been postponed AGAIN - this time to the end of May). Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr image
  • Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Tomy.
    My order did the same thing.
    About two days later the nickels showed back up with a ship date.
    4/23 and still not in my hands.
    A different order for comms only took two days from ship date to be in hand.
    It's crazy sometimes.image
    Larry

• Options
    There is obviously a whole sleu of people buying these in hopes that they'll 10X in value like the peace medal nickles did.That's why I got mine.
  • Options

<< <i>There is obviously a whole sleu of people buying these in hopes that they'll 10X in value like the peace medal nickles did.That's why I got mine. >>

That is a motivation, as is the fact that in my neck of the woods they STILL aren't in circulation, the biggest bank in my area was just informed by the Fed that they won't be receiving any more of the new nickels, and I called the fed and they confirmed there are "limits." My grandmother checked with her bank and it was the same story--they're out and have no idea if they'll ever get anymore in. Apparently the Fed is VERY LOW on these coins or is COMPLETELY OUT. The mint is apparently unable to keep production up with demand, and they only have three more months till they have to switch to producing the ocean nickels.

Of course, bison nickels will never be rare, due to the enormous quantities minted; however rarity is not necessary for value. Even if 400 million are minted, if a 100 million all want four or five (coins, not rolls), then the demand factor sets in.
    I heard they were making a French version of Medal of Honor. I wonder how many hotkeys it'll have for "surrender."
  • Options
    TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭
    My most recent 10 roll order has morphed into 10 silver proof sets and now has a tracking number (which shows nothing) and a shipping date of 5/29/05. If they send me silver proof sets I will charge back on the credit card and give the mint a good run around for their money. I'm about ready to cancel all outstanding orders with the mint.image
  • Options
    If you got charged for the nickels but got the proof sets instead, now that would be a deal!

P.S. I wonder how many of the 560,000 two roll sets that are "sold" will actually be sold. I wonder how many people are cancelling their orders.
    I heard they were making a French version of Medal of Honor. I wonder how many hotkeys it'll have for "surrender."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file