Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

How does a grade of authentic work on the reg?

Does anyone know how does a grade of Authentic work on the registry?
Collecting all graded Alan Trammell graded cards as well as graded 1984 Topps, Donruss, and Fleer Detroit Tigers

Comments

• Options
    hi,

oh thats simple,,, it won`t !!

you can add it to a showcase set though.

lee

• Options
    jimtbjimtb Posts: 704 ✭✭
    It won't work even if there is a serial number?
    Collecting all graded Alan Trammell graded cards as well as graded 1984 Topps, Donruss, and Fleer Detroit Tigers
  • Options
    hi

no.

there is no grade, thus no grade weight can be determined.

i went though this with a 1971 bazooka (handcut) rare numbered version #29 Johnny Bench about a yr. ago.

but, the right hand at psa seldom ever knows what the left hand at psa is doing.

lee
  • Options
    jimtbjimtb Posts: 704 ✭✭
    Thanks for the help speeder. You're right, PSA certainly can't make it easy for the customer, can they!
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    When I had a 1986 Keller's Butter Schmidt Authentic card on the Registry - it was arbitrarily listed as a '3'. Don't ask why.

It will help your completion percentage, for sure. But it should not add or detract anything from your grade weight.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    UllrUllr Posts: 185 ✭✭✭
    Wufdude has a few registered in his set.
    They have a grade of 3 assigned.
    collecting '67 & '75 red sox + baseball HOF autographs
  • Options
    Yes, PSA will allow you to add an autographed card labeled as "Authentic" to a registry set and has Ullr said, it is assigned a grade of 3 (not sure where they came up with that). I've not sure if they will allow you to add autographed index cards or cuts however.