Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

false hope on buyback

when 04-05 Fleer Genuine Basketball comes out with the idea of having buyback of autographed rookie cards of MJ, Barkley, Ewing, Malone etc ... i was so excited for that, the concept of rookie autograph of legends are just so special .. but quickly i find out that the autograph is not an actual autograph on the card but on a pre-signed clear sticker...which sucks..

false hope. .sigh

"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain" - Apostle Paul - Philippians 1:21

Comments

• Options
    schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    Bummer. I was looking at some of those on eBay, and was wondering what sort of certification they did on the cards, since I dind't see a hologram, sticker, or anything of that sort on them. I didn't realize that the autograph was on a sticker. image
    Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    austin
    IMO, that was a really bad idea!!!

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    Wow, that is really lame. The whole point in using stickers is to save the time and logistics headaches of printing cards up ahead of time. These cards are already printed, so what's the deal? Leave it to Fleer to screw up and really simple and good idea.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay
  • Options
    kobykoby Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    What a horrible idea by Fleer.
  • Options
    And just so you know there are no 86 Fleer Jordan's in this product.I was also hopeful but then I pulled my buy back.A 1989-90 Fleer Danny Manning! If it were up to me I would have only done buy back's for the first 3 years 86,87 & 88 and then only put in bigger hits from other years.Who thre h*ll wants a Danny Manning rookie! Plus I don't know why they couldn't have done a 1/1 Jordan rookie.That would have made it a pretty hot product.