Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

S.A. Coins

Does anyone keep a list of the real value (Non-KM) of S.A. 5 Shillings. Specifically the 1954, P/L and Proof coins and the 1959 Unc coin. Thanks.
Corrupting youth since 2004

Comments

• Options
    newsmannewsman Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭
    The 1959 5 shillings usually goes for about $150-175 in Unc. I'm not sure about the 1954 business strike, but I know the proofs always sell for more than their Krause value.
  • Options
    Been watching these for awhile (a short while...) on the bay and the 54 proof usually goes in the $25-$30 range, depending on toning and the 54 PL goes for slightly less. The problem on the bay has been that the pix are either bad or the coin has been circulated and then polished....
    Cecil
    Total Copper Nutcase - African, British Ships, Channel Islands!!!
    'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'
  • Options
    danglendanglen Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭
    I just got a load of late forties and early 50s SA proof sets in the shop. Any of you looking for specific dates should PM me.
    danglen

My Website

"Everything I have is for sale except for my wife and my dog....and I'm not sure about one of them."
  • Options
    oh, the temptation, danglen.......
    Cecil
    Total Copper Nutcase - African, British Ships, Channel Islands!!!
    'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'