Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Question regarding Darkside GOLD

Hi all,

I am curious as to which gold coin from the early 20th Century era can be obtained in BU with the smallest premium attached to it? What gold can be had closest to gold spot prices from this era in that grade? Of course this does not include U.S. gold coinage and I'd like to keep Canada and Mexico out of it as well. So, what are your thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    You should be looking at British Sovereigns or Half Sovereigns or French and Swiss 20 Francs. If you need help finding any please feel free to PM me.
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those would be going in the 100$ range (or a tad bit more) correct?
  • Options
    That kind of depends on what you want in a coin and how you define BU. And do restrikes concern you ?

By what you want in a coin I mean what are your plans for it ? Do you plan to sell it in the future with hopes of numismatic value appreciation or do you just wish to buy gold for gold's sake ?

And does BU include coins that would grade MS60 or do you hope for grades higher than that and if higher - how much ?

These may seem like silly questions, but I collect primarily gold and I assure you that your answers will define what to buy.
    knowledge ........ share it
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Those would be going in the 100$ range (or a tad bit more) correct? >>

A sovereign would be about $110-125

The 20F about $100-115 for an Angel and about $90 for a Rooster.
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com