Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA/DNA makes no mention of a card being altered. Even a 52 Mantle

Text
Atleast the seller mentions it. On the site it says the card must be authentic and unaltered. I can understand them authenticaing the signature, but I would think they would mention the card being altered on the flip.

Comments

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Text
    Atleast the seller mentions it. On the site it says the card must be authentic and unaltered. I can understand them authenticaing the signature, but I would think they would mention the card being altered on the flip. >>

Allen
    I believe, if PSA says the card is authentic, then whether the card is MC, trimmed, MK etc. becomes moot.
    No grade - authentic - anything else going on with the card becomes irrelevant IMO.

I have a friend who recently sent a card into PSA which was returned trimmed - he resubmitted it with a request to authenticate it - they sent it back holdered and the flip says authentic.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    When it comes to authenticating autographed cards, I think they should should make a destinction between "Authentic - Trimmed/Altered" and the "Authentic" that's requested by the submitter (meaning they didn't want the card graded, just the auto reviewed). My 2 cents.
  • Options
    schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    I know PSA/DNA has done so in the past. Some of you here may remember Kabir, he submitted a 1953 Bowman Color Pee Wee Reese autographed card that he thought may have been trimmed. It was, and PSA/DNA made a note that it was trimmed on the flip. My only guess as to why they didn't on this Mantle is that it's a bit more obvious on the Mantle.
    Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    schr1st
    When talking about the practices of PSA/DNA and auto cards - the concept of authentic doesn't allow one to infer anything about whether the card has been trimmed or not - my assumption is that there was no request for grading and they are letting someone know the card isn't a reprint e.g.

With respect to the PSA side of the house - it is my belief that if a card is marked authentic - one can infer the card is non-gradeable for some reason?

mike
    Mike