Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

PCGS mistake pictures added

My Roosevelt dime came back with the wrong tag. The holder says 1975-D ms64. In reality it is a 1973-D, definitely a full band, and better grade than 64. Question.. Is there anyone who collects this type error from PCGS, or should I just call and let them know it's coming back to them? I have a 73-D 66FB in my set now, so I don't need the coin for that. I only submitted it thinking someone else may need it in their set. image
Is it possible someone else has my 73-D FB holder with a 75-D non FB coin inside?

Dan

Comments

• Options
    sumduncesumdunce Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭✭
    Put out another post with the year in the title.

This type of coin would be sought after by someone putting together a birthyear type set.
  • Options
    "Definately a full band, and better grade than 64"

PCGS makes those types of mistakes on my gradings too! image

I would guess that it was a typo for 73-D vs 75-D. They will reslab for free, but
    you could probably sell it to an error collector.
    Robert Getty - Lifetime project to complete the finest collection of 1872 dated coins.
  • Options

<< <i>"Definately a full band, and better grade than 64"

PCGS makes those types of mistakes on my gradings too! image

I would guess that it was a typo for 73-D vs 75-D. They will reslab for free, but
    you could probably sell it to an error collector. >>

Could be a typo, but probably a switch as I have a 1990 & 1991 PR69CDAM jeff in my registry set that both are in opposite holders.
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    Several peopl have asked about this coin. The only fair way I know is anyone interested make one offer, best one can have it. Or can go to ebay if enough prefer.
    Dan