Home Sports Talk
Options

Mcnabb counters back

"I wasn't tired," McNabb said. "For whatever has been said, I don't play games in the media. If someone has a problem with me, they can call me or they know how to get in touch with me. That's the way to handle the situation.

"Don't try to throw names or guys under the bus to better yourself. You never heard me say any names in any situation, You never heard me talk about any given players. I'm the guy to be professional and be a man about things."

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    McNabb has always been a class act and always will be. And he's one heckuva football player. This type of attitude is one reason why McNabb will win one or more Super Bowls before he retires and then gets elected into the Hall of Fame.
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    LOL he will never win a superbowl! your run is done!! Owens is a cancer always will be.. i respect his talent but he is an a$$hole! eagles will start declineing now!
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>LOL he will never win a superbowl! your run is done!! Owens is a cancer always will be.. i respect his talent but he is an a$$hole! eagles will start declineing now! >>

hahah like that idiot Meshawn is any better?

At least Owens has the game to back up his talk...Meshawn is a possession (I mean a slow) receiver.
  • Options
    Owens is a jack*ss off the field and sometimes on the field. I'm not going to defend him on that. But this is just off season BS right now that will long be forgotten by training camp. On the field I'll take him over any receiver in football. You'd have to watch every Eagles game to see just how good he is out there. When the whistle blows, he's plays hard and that's all I really care about.

He's not a cancer - his teammates like him including McNabb. Annoying - yes, cancer - no. Just to name a few off the top of my head...Don Meredith was annoying, "Hollywood" Henderson was annoying, Deion Sanders was annoying, Michael Irvin was annoying, just to name a few Cowboys - there may be more yet they won with them.
  • Options
    Not exactly sure what the definition is of a " cancer " in sports is, but my defintion of a cancer is one who continously disrupts the chemistry of his or her team

Owens did this in San Fran and now seems to be starting the same crap with the Eagles

First it was about balls being thrown his way, now his contract and back stabbing Mcnabb, who to me seems like a good guy
  • Options
    Is TO done in Philly?

Seems the battle of 2 opposing wills...Philly dead set in their not wanting to renegotiate, Owens and Rosenhaus dead set in wanting a new deal.

Could be a long, long summer for Iggle fans.
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    axtell meshawn is your bucs garbage! i cant stand him! but ill give him some credit he can play, he is no where in the top 10 wr's in the league but he is productive!

i agree with kobe a cancer is someone who doesnt understand team! its all himself. and owens is that player. he is the most gifted player every time he plays! he also is a cancer!
  • Options
    Correction: meshawn is Parcell's garbage from the jets. I winced when the bucs acquired him...and knew everything I ever needed to know when I saw him flip off the media his first day of training camp.

My point is both are disruptive, both are problematic...but at least TO has the game on the field to justify his headaches off. Meshawn is just a pain.
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    TO will not play this season. That is my prediction. The Eagles will not trade him either, and they certainly will not give him a nickel more. He can sit for all I care. The Eagles were fine before TO, and they will be fine after him.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options

<< <i>TO will not play this season. That is my prediction. The Eagles will not trade him either, and they certainly will not give him a nickel more. He can sit for all I care. The Eagles were fine before TO, and they will be fine after him. >>

Your probly right, but to hang with Minny next year, they WILL need T.O.

Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options

Your probly right, but to hang with Minny next year, they WILL need T.O.

The Eagles did not have TO in the playoffs, and I think they hung with Minny pretty okay.

Did Minnesota get better?
  • Options
    I'm talkin about next year... The Vikings are a completly differant team now. They are better than I could have ever hoped actually . If they STILL had Moss I would be talking Superbowl right now. Still may be come January.

Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    Next year they will still have zero field leadership and yes, they will still have Tice.

• Options
    Come on Eagles fans - this is April. All these early training camps are BS for veterans anyway. We've seen this stuff before from other veterans over the years. Even a team player like Emmitt Smith held out at least once. Established veterans sometimes do this "wanting to renegotiate" crap just so that they can miss most of training camp. The teams always windup dropping the fines. TO might miss most of training camp but who cares. Yes the Eagles will not renegotiate his contract, but TO will be there with the Eagles for the opening game.
  • Options
    Drew Rosenhaus is essentially staging a mini-coup d'etat and having all his high profile clients hold out. Will be interesting to see what happens...I know Sean Taylor and Anquin Boldin are both holding out too.
  • Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭
    The Vikings are a completly differant team now. They are better than I could have ever hoped actually .

Has Minnesota already started playing their 2005 games? They may likely be the same ol' paper sack D, simply with different names. I do understand they picked up some players that are supposed to help them out, but until they play we will never know for certain. The loss of Moss may hurt more than anyone can project... They may also be better off without his attitude, but only time will tell for sure.

As I recall beef, you were the one that told me that Minny would show marked improvement on D last year. I said they likely wouldn't, and they were terrible. I do understand that the players actually play the games, but the coaches set up the schemes and call the plays. They have not done a good job of that yet, so new players may not be the real answer.
  • Options
    I did talk the Vikes "New" D up some last year, obviously I was wrong then. I dont think I will be this time around image

Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭
    I did talk the Vikes "New" D up some last year, obviously I was wrong then. I dont think I will be this time around

Well I wouldn't bet against you/them this year, but that's simply because it will not be hard to improve on last years defensive performance image