Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

New Special?

Was this just added or has it been here all along?

1972-1992 $5 per card. No minimum. No guaranteed turnaround. (Excludes Super Sized and Autographed cards.)
Your grades will be available online in approximately 45 business days, however, there is no guaranteed turnaround on this special.
Your submission must be postmarked by June 30, 2005 so act now!

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports

Comments

• Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    Great special, however, no 1970 or 1971 cards AGAIN!!!! Arghhhh....

Greg M>
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭✭
    My hope is that this special is an ongoing special that has nothing to do with the soon to be posted May specials. Gotta believe it will be the '70 & '71, Tall Boys and or '50's special. Everyone wants those three.

I also just noticed that this registry special includes non-sports and all sports, not just baseball. Shoot, I have a bunch of Wacky Packages I want to submit!

• Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

Holy crap!! I almost sent in a ton of Carew's at $12 a card, now they get graded for $5!!!!!!!!!!imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    no, thats the SET REGISTRY special, not the COLLECTORS CLUB special
    The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
    Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

And that's where my cards will be going. The Rod Carew Master Set. Unless i am missing something here.
  • Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
    Which cards are you allowed to send in with the set registry special? Can you send high value cards? HOF players along with commons? Could I send in an entire year's worth of cards (1972 Topps baseball perhaps)? Any information would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Bob
  • Options
    Oh, How I hope the 70's and 71's get included in the collector's club specials in May or sometime soon!! These two years always seem to get excluded!
    Paul
  • Options
    Bob,

You can send in anything from those years. Value doesn't matter.

• Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Bob,

You can send in anything from those years. Value doesn't matter. >>

I'm not sure if that's entirely true. I think you're still capped at a value of $500.

Regards,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    The promo makes no mention of a cap.

• Options
    mealewormmealeworm Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭
    This is not the May special!!!! It is just a registry special. They haven't changed the April specials yet. I guess it is some type of bonus, and smallstocks is right there is no $500 max. Only catch is the 45day turn around.
    1957 Topps 99% 7.40 GPA
    Hank Aaron Basic PSA 7-8(75%)
  • Options
    they announced 12.00 any card 5 day turnaround..
    The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
    Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>they announced 12.00 any card 5 day turnaround.. >>

Yeah 12.00 image
  • Options
    mealewormmealeworm Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭
    time to break out all the big cards and slip under that $500 dollar max
    1957 Topps 99% 7.40 GPA
    Hank Aaron Basic PSA 7-8(75%)
  • Options
    What a totally lame special. I guess they don't listen to what the people really want.

• Options
    BuccaneerBuccaneer Posts: 1,794 ✭✭

<< <i>What a totally lame special. I guess they don't listen to what the people really want. >>

But if you listen to some people here, FAST TURNAROUNDS are all the rage unfortunately. As long as submitters think having cards graded quickly is something good, they'll keep promoting crappy specials like this.