Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Anyone ever use PSA/DNA quick opinion on Ebay?

Just curious if anyone on here has ever used the service and what they thought of it? Just curious of what people thought of the price and what you get for it. It would be a whole other issue if you knew who was sitting back and giving you the thumbs up or thumbs down ( or "our experts' candid reaction to the item based on the quality of the information presented in the lot listing.") on an item which carries no guarantee what so ever...

Comments

• pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    i've used it once.. i dont know the answer to your question about who is giving the thumbs up & thumbs down, but for only $7.49, i think it's probably money well spent if you're bidding on something substantial..

and they will also credit you the $7.49 if you decide to send the item to PSA/DNA to be authenticated within 90 days..
    ·p_A·
  • I just wish they would go a little more into detail on what constitutes the "expert" they are using. I mean, if I spend the 7.50 on an opinion (which they give a "likely genuine" vote to), spend the 100.00 plus for the item to be authenticated (depending on the "top star" on the item), and it comes back no good, it really doesnt matter if I get my 7.50 back. Maybe its just me, and I am not PSA bashing in case DaBigHurt decides to pull his pom poms and cheerleading outfit out, but I can get a quick opinion by using my own common sense and experience. If Guittierez and Spence were giving me a quick opinion, I'd gladly fork over the money. I think they should give a little more detail on what constitutes an expert opinion. Paying someone X dollars an hour comparing auction signatures to some examplars in a database doesnt make anyone an expert....
  • pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    so if it's not authentic, you're either out $100.00 or $107.50..
    ·p_A·