Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Opinion on card

Should this have been graded a 9? Tilted and rough edge on the right.

Stingray

Comments

• Options
    I beleive if I submitted that card it would come back no better than a 7.
    Mark
    "Pete Rose would walk through hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball." - Sparky Anderson
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    I won't say were I got it from on the web, but there are quite a few graded cards 8 and 9s that I question as to the grading. Some of the 8s look way off centered to me. Make me wonder about the bulk submittions.

Stingray
  • Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭
    Could those 8's have been otherwise perfect besides centering?

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • Options
    Sometimes I wonder if this Meshugina grading issues is screwing up the hobby like it screwed up the coin hobby !!!

• Options
    Here are some more. This is not to rip on the seller, these have been graded. I just wonder if these are within guidlines?

Stingray
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    A couple replies to above:
    - Does not look like a 9 at all.
    - Regardless of what DaBigHurt says FOR SURE big submittors get preferential treatment.
    - I do not think mishugina should be capatilized. However, happy Pesach!
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning!
    I'm not doing my DaBig impression today but the scan is not sharp enough to truly make an assessment.

But I will say, that PSA will not deduct if the edges are "rough" cut - as long as the corners meet the 9 criterion.

Also, the centering meets their requirement and there can be a very slight tilt IMO. Finally, overall esthetic quality/appearance is taken into consideration also.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Buy the card and not the holder.
  • Options
    Heard that one before, which I agree with. I do have a PSA 9 1967 with a very slight tilt, no rough cut and sharp corners. It is hard to tell on the corners on this card, but the tilt looks bad to me. Will PSA take off anything if the rough cut is on more than one edge?

Stingray