Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

1959 Fleer Three Stooges Variations

Does anyone know of any variations in this set? I was going through almost two sets to send some in to PSA for the April special and I have and found a color variation on two cards. Card #3 - Larry has both a blue and a purple background. Also, card #2, Moe has a green background and a tan background.
Has anybody seen or reported these variations before? Are there others that anyone knows of? Better yet, do I have a one of a kind million dollar card.............yeah right, not my luck.
Anyy info would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Bob
ebay seller name milbroco
email bcmiller7@comcast.net

Comments

• Options
    MintstateMintstate Posts: 254 ✭✭
    I've had different colored backgrounds on the first 3 cards also. I've always assumed it was just a color fade from later print runs, since the darker background cards usually had sharper overall images on them.
    Many of the cards (not sure if all of them) were also printed on 2 different card stocks. The most common seems to be the tan backs, but there are also cards with a dark gray back. I've never seen an explanation for the 2 different backs, but maybe the gray back was a Canadien print version?