Home Sports Talk
Options

A-Rod is on pace to hit 62 Home Runs

8 Round Trippers so far. If he hits 62 Home Runs or more this season there should be an * by his name to state that he did this in the Steroid Era after players admitted to steroid use and a policy had been implemented. He will indeed be the true record holder.

Comments

• Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Convenient you wait until he hits 3 in a game to jump on the Arod bandwagon.

He'll finish in the 45-50 area, though.

• Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990
    BULL. Jeter is my favorite player but I like to see players on my favorite sports team do well.
  • Options
    It's too soon to make meaningful projections. Remember the Posada fiasco from last year?
    Wise men learn more from fools than fools learn from the wise.

• Options
    Yeah, I agree but this is A-Rod and he has hit 50+ before. I doubt he would do it but who knows.
  • Options
    Yeah right.
  • Options

<< <i>8 Round Trippers so far. If he hits 62 Home Runs or more this season there should be an * by his name to state that he did this in the Steroid Era after players admitted to steroid use and a policy had been implemented. He will indeed be the true record holder. >>

If he does do it, it would be even more amazing considering that the last RH Yankee to hit 40+ homers in a season was Joe DiMaggio. There is a reason that Yankee Stadium is called "The House that Ruth Built". It helped him and many other LH hitters greatly due to its dimensions.

Go ARod

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris
  • Options
    Whats even more amazing that he hits them while wearing a purse!image
    give me liberty or give me death
    my hotelsimage
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Random testing? He better slow down or he will be next on the list.

Stingray
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>Random testing? He better slow down or he will be next on the list.

Stingray >>

You really think Arod is juicing?

Unlike some other players (bonds, giambi, etc.) he's always looked about the same...never appreciably bulking up. But I guess in today's dirtied game, anyone who excels is suspect.

• Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>Whats even more amazing that he hits them while wearing a purse!image >>

Cool - another chance to show this!

• Options
    LOL, I remember your Posada prediction last year, 40-50 homers image
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    And, he had an amazing 21 homers - so, if Payrod is going to hit 62, that means he should wind up with 30 or so.

It wouldn't surprise me though, to see him hit 50 HR's, and the Yanks miss the postseason.
  • Options
    The Red Sox are on a roll too. It would be something if they both don't make the playoffs this year. It's very difficult for a team to repeat with so many rounds of playoffs, which makes the Yankees' 4 World Championships from 1996 thru 2000 even more remarkable.
  • Options
    I think the sox have a little more depth in many areas than the yanks. If johnson, mussina or brown go down, who replaces them?
    give me liberty or give me death
    my hotelsimage