Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

bradshaw rc- gum stain

I have a nice bradshaw RC, but it has a gum stain on the back. I heard pantyhose will work, but it didn't. any suggestions?
thanks
John
Collecting
HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS

Comments

• shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭✭
    John,

You have to rub the pantyhose on the card, not wear them. Hopefully this solves your problem image

Andy
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭
    Heh. I rubbed for a good couple minutes with no results.... am I missing something??
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • RipkenRipken Posts: 559 ✭✭✭
    The pantyhose trick usually works on the front, but I don't believe it's very effective on backs. Anyone else have any solutions to his problem?
  • gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The pantyhose trick usually works on the front, but I don't believe it's very effective on backs. Anyone else have any solutions to his problem? >>

This answers my question - because I've had the same problem and I rubbed a Art Shell rookie until my hand almost fell off - and barely removed any of the wax from the back of the card. I'm even more upset because I ruined a good pair of my wife's thigh high's.... image

Regards,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭

<< <i>John,

You have to rub the pantyhose on the card, not wear them. Hopefully this solves your problem image

Andy >>

good one - I almost fell out of my chair. I think that John was trying to show off his muscular calves image

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Try a little lighter fluid on a rag to get it off.

Stingray
  • Ahmanfan,

Run a search using "remove" and "stain (or wax)" in "title or body" in current messages and choose the "Sports Cards & Memorabilia Forum" as well as "PSA set registry forum." There should be several hits that provide information and opinions.

Good luck.

ZM
  • Nothing some gasoline and a wire brush can't fix...

just kidding of course... "You might be a redneck if..."
  • StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Hey your not poking fun at my suggestion are you? I have tried it and it has worked, seriously.

Stingray