Home Autographs Forum

dead

KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
I can't believe how dead it is in here.. Is there another PSA/DNA forum somewhere that I don't know about that is more talkative?

Comments

• Hi Knuckles,
    well it is not for lack of trying. I tried - the boards even cleared themselves up from junk posts. I have posted some of the scarcest and most often forged sigs, and little quizes too. I guess people just don't collect the early vintage stuff anymore. If I were posting modern female celeb sigs I bet people would look - but then most all of those are forgeries image
    The only thing left for me to do is start posting my entire collection - that means the whole cast of A Star is Born etc.. and Streetcar..somehow I don't think people will appreciate a 1954 signed contract by Kim Hunter.
    Did you get your Sawchuck back?

Billy
  • KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, your efforts go unnoticed to keep this place somewhat alive. I haven't received my stuff back yet and my credit card hasn't been charged yet either. It must still be sitting in the 'to do' pile. I can't wait to get it back, I love that auto.

I wonder if JTB's card has been charged yet or has received his items back.. PSA/DNA received his stuff one week before mine.
    Gota love that dance'n bear.

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • JTBJTB Posts: 186
    Today is business day #20. Still not charged to my CC. Also no acknowledgement they received it. No communication of any kind. Why is PSA/DNA service so different than PSA's? This is my first submission, so far not impressed.

JTB
    JTB: Very strange your submission was received by PSA/DNA exactly one week before mine arrived in their hands and today I got an e-mail from customersupport@collectors.com stating "We have received your grading submission and it is in process." Weird how it said grading rather than authenticating...

I'm keeping a log of all of the events and will post a full report of my first PSA/DNA submission once I have the items I sent back in my hands.
  • magikbillymagikbilly Posts: 6,780

<< <i>Weird how it said grading rather than authenticating... >>

Hi,
    I agree. Perhaps it is a form response. It is odd though, as the authentication is the important part, especially as they guarantee nothing.

Billy

PS- I look forward to you final post about the service. How good are your own authentication skills if I may ask?
    Just a generic e-mail I'm sure but they should have it separate of that of grading.. although they do grade autographs now as well. If I would have known this before sending my submissions in I would have had them graded as well sice they're gorgeous signatures, especially the Sawchuk. It looks like someone actually caught him in a good mood as it looks like he took care signing this autograph.

I'm no expert by any means but I believe my skills in detecting fake autographs of star hockey players from the 50's to 90's are quite good as well as some baseball players such as Mantle, Williams.. I've read a lot about spotting obvious fakes with regards to pens, paper, pen stops.. and have studied many authenticated autographs of hockey players from the previously mentioned year span.
  • DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    Knuckleman - I think you would get some more attention/responses if you posted your sports auto stuff/comments on the Sports Card and Memoribilia Forum. There are some serious auto collectors (sports) there. Best regards.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
    JTB.. any news regarding your submission?
  • Received half of my submission Saturday (the ones that are not being encapsulated), but even these I've received are not listed in the Cert database. So much for the quick turnaround sale I was planning.

Still not impressed.

JTB
    That's too bad.. I suppose I can expect to receive mine back before Monday some time or maybe a few days after.

I'm getting very ansy.. I want my stuff back all nicely slabbed to display already. image