Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Missing (possibly stolen) Coin...please read

We have reason to believe an 1831 Platinum 6 Rouble NGC PF66 Cameo has been stolen recently. It is most certainly missing. If anyone is offered this coin, please contact us. We are posting this on behalf of another dealer.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    What a tremendously rare and valuable coin. Sorry for the loss!!! I hope it's recovered soon; it's not like there are any others like it on the market.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    That is a bummer Chris!
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    That is a bummer. image

Mikey, we both beat Ajaan to a NEN post!!!image
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • Options

<< <i>That is a bummer. image

Mikey, we both beat Ajaan to a NEN post!!!image >>

He will be very upset!image
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>That is a bummer. image

Mikey, we both beat Ajaan to a NEN post!!!image >>

He will be very upset!image >>

Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw the post right after Chris posted it. But unlike some people here, I didn't reply because I didn't have anything meaningful to add.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    I didn't reply because I didn't have anything meaningful to add.

As usual.image
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options

<< <i>I didn't reply because I didn't have anything meaningful to add. >>

This is a first!

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    At least we kept this important announcement at the top all night. image
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • Options

<< <i>What a tremendously rare and valuable coin. Sorry for the loss!!! I hope it's recovered soon; it's not like there are any others like it on the market.

imageimageimage >>

considering the condition and rarity of the coin, we can hoipe itll turn up in an auction or something...sounds like its not something they can move quietly....correct?
    I'd rather be driving a titleist

• Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    Here's hoping it's a stupid criminal.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    << What a tremendously rare and valuable coin. Sorry for the loss!!! I hope it's recovered soon; it's not like there are any others like it on the market.

>>

considering the condition and rarity of the coin, we can hoipe itll turn up in an auction or something...sounds like its not something they can move quietly....correct?" --sammydabull

No, but the possibility of "lowering" the grade by scratching it or hairlining it, or worse, looms.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    CIVITASCIVITAS Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭
    Plus it's worth a fair amount just as platinum. If they get desperate, it might become a wedding band someday..... image

I certainly hope it's recovered. Did this happen at CICF by any chance? We go to Chicago shows fairly frequently and can keep our eyes open.

https://www.civitasgalleries.com

New coins listed monthly!

Josh Moran

CIVITAS Galleries, Ltd.
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,053 ✭✭✭

<< <i>1831 Platinum 6 Rouble NGC PF66 Cameo has been stolen recently. >>

Can you post the serial number of the slab?
  • Options
    nencoinnencoin Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭✭
    The NGC serial number is 1753920-002.
  • Options
    Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536
    I was wondering if it happened at CICF too. You don't see those early Russian proofs too often, but there must have been a couple dozen of them at the CICF last weekend.