Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Last card needed to complete 71 Baseball set. HELP!

All Right Guys. This is a call to arms. I need just 1 card to finish this black bordered behemoth. Card #697 Rickey Clark. I would accept a PSA 7 or 8 for the card. Please PM or email me if you have this card available.
Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion

Comments

• Options
    coachhcoachh Posts: 529
    Found 1 raw described as NM/M. Don't know if it is worth the risk or not.

link
  • Options
    Thanks for the heads up Coachh. I really just want a graded one. I've written in my description of the 71 set that "This is the one set that 3rd party grading was created for". I've seen so many "touched up" cards that I won't take a chance on raw with this set.
  • Options
    I've bought from that particular site before and I've always found that there grading is about one PSA graded to high. If they say its a NM/MT, PSA will grade it NM.

Frank,

I'll take a look around tonight and see if I have a decent #697, if I have one that I know will grade PSA 7 or PSA 8, I'll send it to you.

Scott J.
  • Options
    Thanks Scott. Look foward to your reply.
  • Options
    gaspipe26gaspipe26 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭
    Frank,
    I dont have one, wish I did for you. You'll get one soon.
  • Options
    Hi Frank,

I have three of them.

1) Guaranteed to be a PSA 5
    2) Guaranteed to be a PSA 6
    3) Is a PSA 6 for sure, but might have a legit shot at a PSA 7. The corners are NM/MT, but the surface in the area of the upper right corner looks like the black ink didn't take entirely so you can see white. The centering is on the fringe of NM.

Just give me a destination and I'll send it to you and you can make the call.

Scott J.
  • Options
    I know your pain. I'm 3 away from completing my set! The irony is that I have dozens of duplicate PSA 8's and a bunch of 7's from submissions but none fit your need.. I really wish it were otherwise, believe me.

Steve