Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Ebay Question

I'm looking at an item from a semi-strong buyer, however he's a 1st time seller. Due to auction links expiring after x number of days, I can't see if he bought this card in the past and because of whatever reason, is now selling it. Is there any way you can have an item's descripition listed in previous buys?

I believe I have seen this done in the past but have no idea how to configure ebay to show it.

Does that make any sence?

Thanks!
So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts

Comments

• Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    The "search for bidder" function (this would show any items he bid on won or not) only goes back 30 days.

Your other option is to check his feedback which will show items that closed in the last 90 days.....assuming feedback was left for that item. But you will have to check each feedback one by one.

More then 90 days old and you are out of luck.............
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    You can do a search with http://www.andale.com/ it goes back more then 30 days.
  • Options
    Why does it really matter if he bought it before? maybe he is a reseller. So if he bought low, he is looking to make some money. If he bought high, maybe you can get it for a bargain. Really it makes no differnce other than curiosity right?

GG
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    my take was that he may think the card has a problem and that is why he wanted to see the original (if any) description.
    Good for you.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys.

I'm more concerned about something being wrong with the card rather than him making a buck. He has over 200 buys with 99.6% feedback (just got a neg but it appears there was some confusion) but this is his first sell. I sent him the following email:

Hi, If I am the winning bidder, I'll send the item for grading. If the company were to come back with evidence of trimming or something comparable, would you offer a refund? Please keep in mind that I am not doubting if it's authentic or if your are accurately grading it as NM+, only if the card has been altered. I appreciate your cooperation.

I sent that yesterday early morning and have not gotten a reply as of yet. The card looks good but I'm concerned that he may have gotten burned with a trim job or fake and now passing it off to someone else.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Update

Auction here

And the Seller's response to my earlier question:

I know the card is authentic, and that i have not altered it in any way. i have compared it to other 1950's cards and it appears fine to me, with that being said i do not want to sell it and then end up refunding later. I sent one card in to psa 3 times receiving 2 different grades on it and once they did'nt grade it at all saying it did'nt meet min. size.if you feel you can't bid it without a refund policy i understand and appreciate you're interest but i don't want to sell it more than once. thanks

Something appears to be off but I can't tell if it's because the card is tilted in the holder or if there's a slight dc... Even though it wasn't slabbed, he still did well compared to recent '56 mantle sales.

Thoughts?
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like he knows it would not meet min size.....
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Sounds like he knows it would not meet min size..... >>

I agree Steve
    I'm not saying for sure - but I think the card has been slightly trimmed R/L?

Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    I agree - the seller willingly admits that he sends cards to PSA for grading - there would be no other reason why he would be selling this card raw. There seems to be a weird tilt to that card on the back (check the left border with the cartoon border) that doesn't match up with the front.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    Any time someone who deals in graded cards offers up a really valuable card that's NOT graded, you have to wonder. image
  • Options
    This looks like strangely like one of the 1956 Mantle reprints that tandaexpresscardshoppe and efigures sold. I suspect this seller might have bought this and it was rejected by PSA as fake, and he's passing it on...
    Collecting all things Pittsburgh.

Completed my Clemente Basic Registry (2007 - 2014)!

Positive transactions with oakesy25,jasoneggert,swartz1,MBMiller25,gregm13,kid4hof03,HoopGuru33,Reese3333,BPorter26,Davemri
  • Options
    I don't know what tanda and the others are pushing, but if they have reprints that look like that, they are pretty high quality fakes. Here are the front and back of the recent '56 Mantle reprints that are part of a group of high dollar stars from the '50s that were reprinted a couple of years ago - compare to the Mantle shown above:

Mark (amerbbcards)

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    AH HA! The very same weird tilt on the back!!!! Anyone of you ever think about becoming a Private eye?? BTW Sorry about the purchase, hope you can still get your $$ back
  • Options
    HA!

It's got the tilt on the left but not on the right.... Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm...

It went way over what I was willing to pay for a raw '56 Mantle under the suspicious scenario(s). Why someone would pay $600+ for an ungraded card from a graded Buyer (and 1st time Seller) boggles my mind.

You can only hope karma will come back to haunt raiderzfan0 image
  • Options
    Here's a real one:
    My concern is not so much the relationship of the left back border with the left cartoon border but, rather, the washed out look of the coloring of the copy I posted earlier.
    Mark (amerbbcards)