Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Frustrated with Player set Registry addition.

Hi, It is very frustrating trying to add cards on player sets, i have a Mark McGwire Master set and a Reggie Jackson Master and basic. Almost every time i go to add 2-3 or more cards i get the message this cert# has no asscoiated number to this set. yet before i bid on e bay for a card i check my sets to make sure that they are there and also that i don't already have it. i just received 5 McGwire cards all from the same seller and all with similar cert #'s yet only 3 of the 5 added to the set with no problem. it gets very frustrating writing e mails to psa and waiting for them to reply or add it to the set. so much so that i may just go ahead and give up collecting these player sets.whats really frustrating is when the same cert # adds to the master but not the basic????????// Pb19991

Comments

• Options
    jimtbjimtb Posts: 704 ✭✭
    I couldn't agree more. Why we need to email for spec numbers all the time is beyond me. It's really added another step to the registry process. This was never a problem until PSA "upgraded" their system last year. Waiting three months to get cards added and emailing for spec numbers makes a player set an exercise in patience.
    Jim
    Collecting all graded Alan Trammell graded cards as well as graded 1984 Topps, Donruss, and Fleer Detroit Tigers
  • Options

I have had the same problem, but just thought it was normal to email them. I have to say that every time I have had to email them it was taken care of really fast. Maybe someone on here can add more to this on why this happens some much.
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    There has to be a better process than the current system. I am collecting the Dan Marino current and master sets and it is taking approximately 3-4 months to have cards added to either set. Having certs added is fairly easy, I usually e-mail Cosetta or Gayle and they are added within a day.

There has to be a way to requests the cards online (rather than sending e-mails) by using a pic list that's tied into a master card database.

Regards,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    sixdartsixdart Posts: 821 ✭✭
    There's a (new ?) person that's made corrections to my cards recently - her name is Juliet Martinez. She's responded very promptly and added the necessary spec/id #s within 24 hours. So, if she's reading this ... image
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to agree with sixdart...

Each time I've emailed to add a card, I've received a response the SAME dayimage The last one was from Juliet...I sent my email at 2:45 pm and she responded at 4:33 pmimage

Steve
  • Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    I have added 500 cards to my sets. I have never had any problems, except for occasional ..."This card # is registered to another set"...(The previous owner had't deleted card from their set.)
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    But they're great about emailing you right away if you failed to remove some card from every set you put it in,
    when selling it. Immediate and sometimes multiple e-mails.
    ebay:1967topps
    1967 Topps baseball wantlists (any condition) welcome. #14 ATF 1967 set. Yet another collector like skylaneflyer, gimel1 who made it to the completion of 1967 only to need the money more than the company of 609 close friends.
    Looking for 1967 Mets, yankees, and 1968 Tigers in PSA 7 and Venezuelan Norm Cash stuff
  • Options
    jimtbjimtb Posts: 704 ✭✭
    I agree that the turnaround time on missing spec numbers is very fast. What I can't understand is why we have to take the extra step in the first place. This didn't used to be an issue.
    Jim
    Collecting all graded Alan Trammell graded cards as well as graded 1984 Topps, Donruss, and Fleer Detroit Tigers
  • Options
    A761506A761506 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭
    Experiences with this have ranged from amazingly good to pathetic...

When I put together the Norm Cash basic & master sets (I did the work myself on their spreadsheets), they had the set added the day after I submitted it to them.

However, when I wanted a card or two added to the registry of another set, it took upwards of 2 months to get it listed as part of the set.

It is annoying when the cert. numbers are not registered to allow you to add a card to a particular set, but a quick e-mail and they get it straightened out with 24 hours.

Overall, glitches aside, I'd say the registry is a huge success for them... if not for the registry, I can't imagine there would be nearly as many people interested in building sets like late-70's Topps issues where someone is paying $5 to grade a card worth a quarter. Plus, I buy odd-ball cards I probably would have never bought to help complete my master sets.
  • Options
    pb19991 and Jimtb,

I agree with you two. There is nothing more frustrating then updating your list and having your cards kicked back. I agree I have always received excellent service from my emails to PSA, but then again was the system set up to go back and forth. When you are updating 20-30 cards and half of them don't take.. I can see how this would upset someone. Remember we are paying for this service and it use to work on the first try. It seems like it can be fixed or CAN IT BE???
  • Options
    http://www.psacard.com/set_registry/player_additions.chtml

This above link is for Player Set collectors.

I think once they are 'caught up' that this new system will really be of help. Understanding how this Registry is coded on the tech side, I can see why they do things they way they do them. Sure its a bit of a delay (maybe what most of us are most frustrated by) but necessary for maintaining order with the registries.
    Eddie Murray, Will Clark and Darin Erstad collector, check my wantlists for what I need.
    http://www.clark22murray33.com