Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Ball Cards and $$$

Just a thought?????

Does anyone know if the ball players get paid by these card company to have their photo on the cards?

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    I tink it is part of their player agreement. The car companies pay the league for a license and then they can use the players. When a player does not sign the contract they are left out of all cards, games, etc. ie.-Lavar Arrington and for a while and Barry Bonds for a season.
  • Options
    I know that Topps used to issue the players 5.00 and 10.00 dollar checks plus a credit to get things out of a merchandise catalog way back when......
  • Options
    You can always airbrush off the team logos like Topps used to do to avoid such trivial things as payments to MLB.....
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Each player shares in the royalties and are paid through the players union. last I heard it was almost 150.000 per player
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baseball players are paid their royalties thru a marketing agreement of the Major League Baseball Player's Association - it is used to market products with each player's name and image. Of course some people like Bonds doesn't have an appreciation for that type stuff.

mike

Mike
  • Options

Thanks for all the input. Did Barry Bonds do something or has he stated something about have his photo on cards?
  • Options
    He wants sole ownership of his image and likeness. (wants more $$$$$$$$) makes me wanna vomit. Maybe he can come out with a signature line of crutches?

GG
  • Options
    goudeygold,

Thanks for the laugh... image

I was going through some old 1991 Becketts last night... And read some articles on Bonds and I didn't know he has been an a$$ all of his career. I also couldn't believe how small he looked back in 1991 compare to what he looks like today. And not just him...