Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Is this a great auction lot or what?

I cant link, but check out Ebay auction 5189569744. Why try and sell all the cards individually when you can get them all from this trustworthy seller for one price? Gotta love those unopened Ruth Goudey's that were authenticated at a flea market!

Comments

• Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    And guess who just bought a Sport Kings wrapper

Link
  • Options
    That wrapper probably holds that reprint Ruth nice and snug.............
  • Options
    Missed it the first time. He also bought a PSA 2 Sport Kings Babe Ruth to put in that wrapper. The 33 Goudey pack appears to hold the reprint.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I bought these off a guy at richwood flea market and before i paid him I had the ruth's authenticated by a grader who happened to be set up at a table there.I paid him 30 dollars to look at these. >>

Meet your grader!

Where do these guys come up with this stuff! Any resemblence to Mark McGwire is totally coincidental.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    yeah, I remember the last time I was at the national I took a couple of cards from this guys table and told him I would be right back because I was going to have them authenticated.....
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,759 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<< I bought these off a guy at richwood flea market and before i paid him I had the ruth's authenticated by a grader who happened to be set up at a table there.I paid him 30 dollars to look at these. to ensure there authenticity, he assured me they were and I bought them. >>>

I have read a lot of "funny" things on ebay from scammers selling baseball cards and this just might be the funniest.
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭
    On the bright side, his shipping rates are fair (I'm assuming he's going to hand deliver this stuff).
  • Options
    This guy was NARUed once upon a time....

roysteelm
    Collecting all things Pittsburgh.

Completed my Clemente Basic Registry (2007 - 2014)!

Positive transactions with oakesy25,jasoneggert,swartz1,MBMiller25,gregm13,kid4hof03,HoopGuru33,Reese3333,BPorter26,Davemri
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    I just sent him this

"Where is the PSA 2 Ruth you just bought? That isn't the one in the pack? Also, where is the sport kings wrapper you just bought? Will both of these be included in your auction?"

His response "if these were in the auction i would have stated it as such what you see is what you get"

...Just enjoying the torture!
  • Options
    IF anyone is interested, here is his contact information:

Roy Moore (513) 521-3139
  • Options
    I think I'm missing out. I need to get to more flea markets that have on site authentication!

I didn't know GAI did flea markets.....you learn something new every day.

Where's the gum in the '33 Goudey pack?
  • Options
    How often do you see Joe Schmoe selling cards at one table and just so happens Mr. authenticator is set up next to him?!?!?!HMMM...(he doesn't grade unopened packs)!!!!!
  • Options
    Also a bargain is the $500 shipping charge!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    mealewormmealeworm Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭
    thedpro>>>> get his address if you can and PM me and I will go knock on his door. I live in the NATI and would love to show up at his house and ask to see his collection. Unreal people cant bid on that sh-it can they. I hope it is all of his friends and other ID's driving that price up and not some poor guy draining his savings for the BIG HIT.
    1957 Topps 99% 7.40 GPA
    Hank Aaron Basic PSA 7-8(75%)
  • Options
    Funny as hell !!!

• Options
    anyone notice under payment instructions to "ask for Paypal" WTF does that mean?
  • Options
    His address is:

7912 harrison ave
    cincinnati, ohio 45231

"Ask my about paypal" means he doesn't want to pay the paypal fees.