Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Amazing Australian Coin - MOVING IMAGES COIN!!!

Comments

• Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    What's the story here?

"It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    My guess is that he's celebrating the end of WWII.
    Brad Swain

World Coin & PM Collector
    My Coin Info Pages <> My All Experts Profile
  • Options
    What's the story here? --no, no guys, I meant the "The Dancing Moving Man Coin" from the same page:

Moving Images Coin
    N. N.
  • Options
    sumnomsumnom Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    danglendanglen Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭
    Another OUTSTANDING NCLT image I can see the converts flocking to the NCLT fold now image
    danglen

My Website

"Everything I have is for sale except for my wife and my dog....and I'm not sure about one of them."
  • Options
    I ain't buyin' it.
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    Now I get it.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    interesting - but they won't get my money for it...
    Cecil
    Total Copper Nutcase - African, British Ships, Channel Islands!!!
    'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'
  • Options
    Is it just me or is the idea of a little man trapped in a coin a bit scary. I don't know if I could sleep at night knowing he was still there, dancing away

Dr J
  • Options
    Confession time: I bought the "ordinary" dollar with this design. I kind of like it.

Well, I also bought the Australian 2005 proof set. I kind of like that too.

Marcel
    Ebay user name: 00MadMuffin00
  • Options
    I don't know if I could sleep at night knowing he was still there, dancing away

Yes, that may be creepy but I would sleep better at night knowing that he was tightly sealed in that can rather than roaming about the house as he pleased.
  • Options
    Makes you wonder what the next thing will be. Coins with sound? image

Marcel
  • Options
    Pretty cool but I'll pass.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options

<< <i> Makes you wonder what the next thing will be. Coins with sound? >>

I know of two Mints that are currently exploring the possibility. Stay tuned.............. (pun intended) image
    danglen

My Website

"Everything I have is for sale except for my wife and my dog....and I'm not sure about one of them."
  • Options

Marcel
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    What happens to the value of the piece when the button battery runs out of power?
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options

<< <i> NCLT's suck.... >>

I believe a guy named Karl Goetz designed a few NCLTs....image
    danglen

My Website

• Options
    cachemancacheman Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭
    Indeed he did, however they were pattern designs made during competition in hopes the designs would be accepted for actual legal tender at a later date. Very limited in the number minted, and reverse-engraved by hand, his pieces cannot be compared to the nearly soulless 'Franklin Mint-like' NCLT's created in the millions today. image
  • Options

<< <i> Indeed he did, however they were pattern designs made during competition in hopes the designs would be accepted for actual legal tender at a later date. Very limited in the number minted, and reverse-engraved by hand, his pieces cannot be compared to the nearly soulless 'Franklin Mint-like' NCLT's created in the millions today. >>

I can't and wouldn't dispute Karl Goetz's genius. However, I can tell you that some of the nicer NCLTs that are produced today have mintages of under 1000 pieces, and the engraving on some modern pieces is truly spectacular, no matter what you collect. image
    danglen

My Website

• Options
    cachemancacheman Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭
    Isn't much of the engraving now done by lasers? I think I read somewhere that this was the way of the future...
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    I know of two Mints that are currently exploring the possibility. Stay tuned..............

I like my coins to be quiet. image
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options

<< <i> Isn't much of the engraving now done by lasers? I think I read somewhere that this was the way of the future... >>

Yes, a lot of mints are using laser technology, but some of the third-world mints are still doing it the old fashioned way. I recently bought and sold some galvanos from a European mint. image Obviously, all of the hologram coins are being done with lasers. A prime example of a mint still into the art of engraving is the Polish Mint, which turns out some truly spectacular coins.
    danglen

My Website