Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

What would you like to see for grading specials in May?

Howdy! I'm curious of what you would like to see for specials in May? I sent in 100 1960's commons at $5 each in April. I have about 50 commons from 1971 that I would send in if they had a 1970's special at $5 a card. The 1970 and 1971 cards always get left out with the 1972-present specials and they never get into the 60's specials.. Just sharing my hopes and dreams!
Paul

Comments

• Options
    mealewormmealeworm Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭
    How about a 50's $5 special!!!!!!
    1957 Topps 99% 7.40 GPA
    Hank Aaron Basic PSA 7-8(75%)
  • Options
    I second the 50's special. Anyone willing to give it a third vote???????
    Looking for '55 Topps Baseball in PSA 7/8.
    Looking for '51 Redbacks in PSA 9
    High Grade Vintage Lots - All Sports
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Glossy-

If you end up with any 1971's in 7 that you want to sell, let me know.
  • Options
    BuccaneerBuccaneer Posts: 1,794 ✭✭

<< <i>I second the 50's special. Anyone willing to give it a third vote??????? >>

I'll vote twice!
  • Options
    Tallboys - $6 no minimum
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Howdy! I'm curious of what you would like to see for specials in May? I sent in 100 1960's commons at $5 each in April. I have about 50 commons from 1971 that I would send in if they had a 1970's special at $5 a card. The 1970 and 1971 cards always get left out with the 1972-present specials and they never get into the 60's specials.. Just sharing my hopes and dreams!
    Paul >>

Funny you say that...I have almost 100 1971 commons that I've been waiting to send in. I'd love it if PSA offered a special where I can submit these...

Regards,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭✭
    How about a ticket special?

Don
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&amp;_in_kw=1&amp;_ex_kw=&amp;_sacat=0&amp;_udlo=&amp;_udhi=&amp;_ftrt=901&amp;_ftrv=1&amp;_sabdlo=&amp;_sabdhi=&amp;_samilow=&amp;_samihi=&amp;_sadis=15&amp;_stpos=61611&amp;_sargn=-1&saslc=1&amp;_salic=1&amp;_fss=1&amp;_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&amp;_saslop=1&amp;_sasl=mygirlsthree3&amp;_sop=12&amp;_dmd=1&amp;_ipg=50&amp;_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    I want a Cinco de Mayo special

In honor of 5-5-05, any cards from a year ending in 5 can be submitted for just $5 each.
    Package must be postmarked on 5-5, naturally.

PSA reserves the right to send cards back in 5 or 55 days, though.
    ebay:1967topps
    1967 Topps baseball wantlists (any condition) welcome. #14 ATF 1967 set. Yet another collector like skylaneflyer, gimel1 who made it to the completion of 1967 only to need the money more than the company of 609 close friends.
    Looking for 1967 Mets, yankees, and 1968 Tigers in PSA 7 and Venezuelan Norm Cash stuff
  • Options
    I believe that 60s commons covers 1960 -> 1971. At least it does when you are sending in vintage common bulk.

Robert
    Looking for:
    Any high grade OPC Jim Palmer
    High grade Redskins (pre 1980)
  • Options

<< <i>I believe that 60s commons covers 1960 -> 1971. At least it does when you are sending in vintage common bulk.

Robert >>

The 1960's vintage bulk does cover 1960 to 1971 but the 1960's special only covers 1960 to 1969. I e-mailed BJ and customer service and they confirmed 1970 and 1971 were NOT part of the 1960's special. I gave my best argument but lost in the end image

Regards,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    cardfan07cardfan07 Posts: 680 ✭✭
    50's special please!
    Ted Williams, Willie Mays, Tom Seaver, Mike Schmidt, George Brett, Bob Gibson, Lou Brock player collector
  • Options
    RangermanRangerman Posts: 276 ✭✭
    Rangerman / ARMEDPILOT

B)
  • Options
    RangermanRangerman Posts: 276 ✭✭
    Here here for a '50's grading special--- $5 no min-- sounds about right!
    Rangerman / ARMEDPILOT

B)
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    No specials and more holder sizes. Kelloggs(long overdue),Donruss action all stars(I bet the 74 deckel edge would fit in these also),topps stickers and the mini league leaders and maybe just maybe a disc type holder with a rounded insert? Anything to lose the ugly mylar sleeve! If it means no specials for a couple of months then I am all for it! If I get shot down then I like the tall boy special ?
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    ill cast my vote for 50's commons too
    collecting:
    1990 leaf in (10)
    1986 topps mets (10)
    2008 ring kings cut signatures
    any Darryl Strawberry, Dwight Gooden, Keith Hernandez cards in (10)
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    Something at $4 per card
  • Options
    I'll second the vote on tallboy cards for $6, no minimum. Actually, even if there was a minimum, I'd be eager for this special.
  • Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭
    Tallboys, 50's and '70, '71. All three categories for me.

Mike

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • Options
    Howdy!
    How about a couple of specials in May just like April. If you can do 2 specials, why not 3????
    It sounds to me like tall boys, 50's , and 70 or 71 cards need a special this upcoming month!!
    I can't wait to see what pops up this weekend for May's specials! Whatever gets left out this month is sure to get attention in June!
    Paul
  • Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭
    Do the powers that be read these boards to see what the hoards are clamoring for?

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • Options
    aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    smallstocks - I believe Joe Orlando made a post a while back asking what kind of specials people wanted.
  • Options
    I SAY WE CAN TURN IN ALL OUT STINKING VOUCHERS UNDER 1 SERVICES AND NOT PAY SHIPING 4 EIGHT DIFFERANT ORDERS.

JOE WHAT YOU SAY???????????????????????????
  • Options
    Another $5.00 NonSport Grading Special.
    30's R Want List:

R73 1933 Goudey Indian Gum - Series 288 - Nos. 118
    Also looking for 1953 Parkhurst & 1953 Quaker Oats Ripley's BION.

If you have any available for sale PM me
  • Options
    I toss a vote in for a 50s special.

-Mike
    SinibobCards@aol.com

Working on 56T BB and 80T BB
    Looking to trade blocks of BB graded commons for other blocks of BB commons

https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/sinibobcards/othersets/3205

https://www.ebay.com/sch/sinibobsystems/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I'd like to see a "Please Try Us Out" special allowing non-members to grade, say, 3 cards for $10 a pop or something like that.

Tabe
  • Options
    CopperJJCopperJJ Posts: 587 ✭✭✭
    How about a certified auto and/or game used $5.00 special?
    Clayton Kershaw - master set
    Signed Sets:
    2011 Topps Heritage BB
    1960s & 1970s Topps decade Cincinnati Reds
    2006-2016 A&G HOFers
  • Options
    RipkenRipken Posts: 559 ✭✭✭
    How about something for 'no man's land'....star cards from the 70s so we don't have to pay $12 to grade cards that are barely worth that much unless they're PSA 9 or 10?
  • Options

<< <i>How about something for 'no man's land'....star cards from the 70s so we don't have to pay $12 to grade cards that are barely worth that much unless they're PSA 9 or 10? >>

I'm a little confused by your post. You can include stars at the bulk rate for the modern service level. You can submit ANY card in the 1972 to present level - with the only limitaion being that the dollar amount is less than $500 (most 1970's stars will easily pass unless they are PSA 10's).

Nevertheless, your post is correct in regards to star cards from 1970 and 1971 - they will fall into the general rule that stars can only be submitted under the $12 and up service. Personally, I'd like to see a special for 1970 and 1971's.

Regards,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    RipkenRipken Posts: 559 ✭✭✭
    Greg,

Yes, I should have specified 70 and 71, but I think a 'no minimum' level for '70s stars (or any '70s card for that matter) would also be an attractive special. There are tons of them out there and it simply doesn't pay to grade them at PSA's current structure. I think they could open up a lot of new business by creating a special level..or at least one-time special for '70s material that doesn't involve minimums.