Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Opinions wanted on my newest coin - Pics inside

I've been looking for a nice example of one of these for a while now. This one came up on eBay with a buy it now of 8$ so I figured what the heck. The coin is nicer than the auction pics showed. However, I do believe it has been cleaned. What are your thoughts on it?

ps. The coin is white...I still haven't mastered the white balance on my camera and they come out a bit pinkish.

Comments

• Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    It looks cleaned but at $8 for such a beautiful coin, it's still a good buy to me. image
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    AuldFartteAuldFartte Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's a beauty image
    That is one of the nicest designs I don't own yet image

My OmniCoin Collection
    My BankNoteBank Collection
    Tom, formerly in Albuquerque, NM.
  • Options
    I would buy it for that price. Cleaned? Maybe Hard to judge from a picture. I personally would be happy with it at that price even if it had a cleaning.

Mark
  • Options
    skingspanskingspan Posts: 519 ✭✭
    Nice coin. Looking for one of those myself. They don't seem to come up on ebay all that often.
  • Options
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    JamminJJamminJ Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭
    Cleaned without question, sorry. Look for the hairlines running southwest to northeast on the obverse. On a brighter note, for $8 the price is still right.

-JamminJ
  • Options
    oldshepoldshep Posts: 3,240
    I like it , cleaned or not - it hasn't been polished - and is a beautful coin!!
    Shep
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm kinda with you guys...I like it even though it's been cleaned, especially at 8$. It will definitely do as a hole filler until I'm able to find a really nice problem free BU example (which may be a while). I think if I had to take a stab at it I'd say this one is AU (ignoring the cleaning)...some wear in the base of the headband and the slightest bit of rub on her cheekbone. Seems to be quite a few of these on eBay (over a dozen or so) but they are all well circulated.
  • Options

<< <i> Seems to be quite a few of these on eBay (over a dozen or so) but they are all well circulated. >>

Cladiator,

What search are you running on ebay to find a dozen or so, I have a saved search of "10 Zlotych" and it only brings back one coin?
  • Options
    This is all I can find right now. There are some others but they are the 2 and 5 Zlotych denominations.

Item #1

Item #2

Item #3

Item #4

Item #5

Item #6

Item #7

Item #8

Item #9

Item #10
  • Options
    Thanks Cladiator, I think i figured it out, my search only returns the first one because I am only listing items from the US.

Thanks Again,
    Steve
  • Options
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my very 'umble opinion, that obverse ranks up in the top 10 or 20 coin images of all time image
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    I really like that design, great coin!
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson