Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

How do I upload images for my set?

I am having a hard time getting scans of my cards onto my regristry. It says the maxium file size is 100K. Most of my scans are around 325K. I tried reducing the dpi down to 75, but they still come in around 120K and I don't think they look good. I prefer to keep the dpi around 200, but the file size is huge... I am currently scanning in jpeg format.

Does anybody have any ideas on how to get the file size down on scans?

Collecting all cards - Gus Zernial
Post Cereal both raw and PSA Graded (1961-1963)

Comments

• Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    I am by no means a computer geek so I was in your boat for about 2 years. I finally figured out that when I exported the picture to my documants there is a little slide rule on the page that tells you how big the file is. Adjust that to about 90 % and I have been able to upload pictures ever since?
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    Dave,

150 DPI is plenty of resolution for a computer screen, keep it at that.

Converting the file to JPEG format is also what you want.

After I scan (I use PhotoDeluxe, but all photo editing software has a resizing capability) the card, I resize it with my editing software. My software displays the new sliding file size as I make changes in inches to the picture. Although there is never a 1 to 1 kilobyte correspondence between what Photodeluxe says it will be and the actual file size (can be seen with windows explorer) it becomes after saving, you know how big to make the file in the editing software after some trial and error.

Hope this wasn't more confusing than it was helpful, Keith

Collecting - n2, n13, n28, n29, n43, n162, n184, t3, t6, t9, t200, tobacco albums, tobacco advertising cards, tobacco banners (that picture the 19th century card sets).
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    naming the file is also important. no spaces!

a pete rose card from 1966 should be named:

peterosecard66 or whatever
    Good for you.
  • Options
    262Runner262Runner Posts: 606 ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone, I think I've got it... Just need to make a few adjustments on the way I Scan, Save and Name my files...

That said, I have success on posting my first picture.

Thanks all!

Collecting all cards - Gus Zernial
    Post Cereal both raw and PSA Graded (1961-1963)

• Options

Your picture quality looks good but when I view the images they pop up in different sized windows on the PSA site. This makes it hard for people viewing your cards because their point-of-reference has to change and the cards appear to be jumping all over the page. Here are some tips that may help....

When I scan, my scanner software allows me to specify the physical size of the image. Actually, I set this to the same size for every scan which is simply the dimensions of the PSA card holder.

Then I save the scan as a .jpg file in either a med or low resolution (can't remember which). Doing that determines the file size.... the higher the image quality means a bigger filesize. As image quality (resolution) goes down, the file size goes down.

Good luck!
    Tom