Home Sports Talk
Options

The Boys to add another piece to puzzle

Glenn

With respect to the NFC Champs i believe we are closing the gap a bit with the offseason we've had so far

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<< With respect to the NFC Champs i believe we are closing the gap a bit with the offseason we've had so far >>>

I wouldn't disagree with that, the Cowboys will be better this coming season, but...You still ain't got no QUARTERBACK!!!

• Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    The vikings moved closer to the iggles than anyone this year.

The Cowgirls made some smart moves, but they need a QB (no, bledsoe isn't the answer). I see the 'girls winning 10 games this year, but far from being a dominant team.

• Options
    Cowboys are looking strong, It will be interesting to see Marion Barber (Gophers) on the field, he is a prety good back. Lawrance Marooney (sp) was his backup, split carries and he is even better, might be a first rounder.

Vikes are looking tough, as long as Tice doesnt mess things up they will be a contender in the playoffs this year...

Cant wait for week one, Bucs !!!

Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options

<< <i>Vikes are looking tough, as long as Tice doesnt mess things up they will be a contender in the playoffs this year...

>>

But doesn't he always find a way to mess things up? There's a reason why he's the lowest paid (by far) head coach in the league.

The vikes *should* be a great team this year...
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    KObecollecter AXTELL SAYS WE WILL BE A 10 WIN TEAM!! image!!! you know if axtell says that we might actually win 12! thanks for the vote axtell!
  • Options
    KOBEcollectorKOBEcollector Posts: 3,873 ✭✭
    << KObecollecter AXTELL SAYS WE WILL BE A 10 WIN TEAM!! !!! you know if axtell says that we might actually win 12! thanks for the vote axtell! >>

lol i can only hope so

I wouldn't say we have no quarterback. If you give Bledsoe time he can hurt you . I believe he threw 20 td's last year and had 16 ints which isn't great but not terrible. If the defense plays like i think they will and Julius Jones and Barber have good years on the ground then perhaps they won't need All-Pro play from their qb.

Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer have rings, anythings possible
  • Options
    <<< The Cowgirls made some smart moves, but they need a QB (no, bledsoe isn't the answer). I see the 'girls winning 10 games this year, but far from being a dominant team. >>>

Axtell - if that was supposed to be an insult - it wasn't a very good one. Kuhlmann and KOBEcollector would kill for a 10 - 6 season. AHHHHHH - I see now what you're trying to do - give 'em hope and then shattering the hope is even more devilish. Very good Axtell - sorry I didn't see your scheme ahead of time - LOL. Hey, maybe the Cowboys will go 16 - 0 HA! HA! HA!
  • Options
    I agree with KOBEcollector. If the Boys Offense can stay health they will be fine. The Bills didn't start winning with Bledsoe untill the running game got going. With J.J back there he should be fine.
    "wouldn't disagree with that, the Cowboys will be better this coming season, but...You still ain't got no QUARTERBACK!!!"
    The Sheagles have Mcnadd, Viqueens have Culpepper, and they still don't have a ring. Just because you have a good QB that doesn't mean you will win a ring.
    Go Cowboys!!!!!!!!!! image
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    The Sheagles have Mcnadd, Viqueens have Culpepper,

Sheagles and ViQueens!!!! Aw shucks man ... my sides are splittin! image
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options

<< <i> I agree with KOBEcollector. If the Boys Offense can stay health they will be fine. >>

Healthy!?! The QB is so old he needs Preparation H on a regular basis.

Next Parcells will call Harry Carson and LT. Carson will come out of retirement so that he can validate his opinion that he should be in the HOF, and LT will start smoking crack again to help the NFL keep attention away from the steroid problem.

The Cowpokies will go 9-7. If they get a playoff berth they will lose the first game.

After dying his hair blonde again halfway through the season Parcells will retire after the playoffs, claiming chemical poisoning clouded his decision making.

• Options
    Hey cmon now Bledsoe's only 33 . Thats alot younger than our last qb lol
  • Options
    Don't be mad Sheagles one day, one day you just may win a ring in your life time. The Boys will be back on top of NFC East again!
  • Options
    The Boys will be back on top of NFC East again!

Not next season and not with Parcells.
  • Options
    << Not next season and not with Parcells. >>

ok . If you say so Cleo
  • Options
    Why and how is Bledsoe an upgrade?
  • Options
    I believe bledsoe, given time to throw, is a better qb than Vinny T

Parcells is finally putting together the type of defense he's been wanting to the whole time he's been in Dallas ( bigger guys )

When he first got to Dallas he wasn't crazy about the size of their line and their linebackers . Their D was ranked like 2nd in the league at the time so i guess he didn't want to change anything. Well after last years horrible play on D he decided to do things his way

I just sense the tide shifting a bit thats all. Will we win the division this year ? probablly not, but it wouldn't shock me if were right there at the end.
  • Options

<< <i>I believe bledsoe, given time to throw, is a better qb than Vinny T

Parcells is finally putting together the type of defense he's been wanting to the whole time he's been in Dallas ( bigger guys )

When he first got to Dallas he wasn't crazy about the size of their line and their linebackers . Their D was ranked like 2nd in the league at the time so i guess he didn't want to change anything. Well after last years horrible play on D he decided to do things his way

I just sense the tide shifting a bit thats all. Will we win the division this year ? probablly not, but it wouldn't shock me if were right there at the end. >>

Just not sure how improving dallas' defense is going to give bledsoe any more time than it did Vinny. Neither one are mobile (at all) and with no time, they both are going to end up with the same results. With a great running back, all the D needs to do is collapse on the run, and keep their receivers in single coverage. Keyshawn surely doesn't warrant double coverage, and no one on that team scares me with speed, and I suspect the defense is going to be called upon a lot to win games. With a young team, I'm not sure how well that is going to happen.
  • Options
    Dallas offensive line is solid. may be the best in the league this year. they need a right tackle, which im sure they will get before season starts. a nice combo of running backs to carry the load. top 4 tight end in the league. terry glenn will be back this year, keyshawn is a good possesion reciever. we have to other wr's that were making some noise towards the end of last year in terrence copper and patrick crayton. this cowboys team will make playoffs this year.
  • Options
    Also with a better D the Boys should have a shorter field to play with, and more turnovers
  • Options
    DALLAS CAN HOPE FOR AN 8-8 SEASON.

their hopes will be dashed however ...
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Julius Jones will be a beast but the Cowboys will battle for last place.

..nfc east...still a weak division

Kevin

GO BUCS
  • Options
    << DALLAS CAN HOPE FOR AN 8-8 SEASON.

their hopes will be dashed however ... >>

ONCE AGAIN the Eagles can hope for a Super Bowl Championship

However, ONCE AGAIN their hopes will be dashed
  • Options
    Kobe ... perhaps.

But the Eagles will win the NFC East again, and head to the NFC Championship game again. Although the boys are my most hated team, I am just being a football realist. They do not have the personnel, and Parcells no longer has Belicheck to win him some games.
  • Options
    Guys like Bill Parcells and Joe Gibbs remind me of other coaches such as Tom Landry and Don Shula who get to a certain age and for a variety of reasons can't get the job done anymore. Although Bill Parcells is a future Hall of Fame coach - the Cowboys ain't going anywhere with him leading the way. This coming season, the Cowboys are a 7 - 9 team, or 8 - 8 at best.
  • Options
    The Boys will contend for the East this season. It will all depend on how fast the D comes together with all the new players.
  • Options
    Eagles will not be in the nfc championship game this year. Owens is going to be a major headache. to get there again the odds are stacked against them.

dallas will be fine next year, not only did they have an awesome draft, they also signed some great free agents.
  • Options
    << They do not have the personnel, and Parcells no longer has Belicheck to win him some games. >>

Couldn't disagree more

Not sure if you've been keeping up with what Dallas has been doing so far this offseason but they've upgraded thier team alot. And i don't believe they're done

I'll tell you what. You go up and down both rosters and you'll see just as much or even more talent on Dallas roster . Yes you have a nice advantage at Qb but alot of the other aspects of the game are close

• Options
    they also signed some great free agents.

you mean free agent ex-Jets .... Parcells has been burned before, and now he is praising Bledsoe, much like he was praising the Vin Man this time last year. I just don't see Aaron Glenn and Ferguson as "great free agents". Maybe a slight upgrade to what they had, but not much more.

• Options
    By no means an Eagle fan (and any of the eagle fans here will attest to that) but the eagles are clearly the class of the NFC. The cowboys will be lucky to win 10 (things breaking their way, etc), while I see Philly going 12-4 at worst (and going 14-2 if and when TO gets back).

Who exactly has Dallas upgraded with? They had a great draft, but there's no way those players are going to make an impact this year...just won't happen. Bledsoe, while an improvement over Vinny 'the Statue', but what's that saying? Dallas has an edge at RB, but who is Bledsoe going to throw to? Meshawn? Who's their deep speed threat? They don't have one....which means defenses are going to tee off on Jones.

While dallas will have a better record than they did last year, thinking they are going to compete with philly for the divison is pure folly at this point, and sure to make this upcoming season a very, very long one.
  • Options
    << Who exactly has Dallas upgraded with? They had a great draft, but there's no way those players are going to make an impact this year...just won't happen. Bledsoe, while an improvement over Vinny 'the Statue', but what's that saying? Dallas has an edge at RB, but who is Bledsoe going to throw to? Meshawn? Who's their deep speed threat? They don't have one....which means defenses are going to tee off on Jones. >>

lol your a funny guy

First off since you don't how they upgraded i'll fill you in

Adding Marco Rivera to an offensive line that sent 2 players to the Pro Bowl last year was a very good move IMO . Just go ask Farve how important Rivera was to that o-line

1420, The Cowboys had trouble at times stopping the run last year so if you think adding a guy like Jason Ferguson was " maybe a slight upgrade " i'd have to say thats a bit of an understatement

The Cowboys all last year needed help at corner opposite Terrance Newman so picking up both Anthony Henry ( 10 picks his rc year and one of the best db's on the f.a market ) and Aaron Glenn was huge for them

Dan Cambell's one of the best blocking Tight Ends in football who happened to miss 04 with a knee injury will be back also

Plus throw in the draft that they had and thats how i feel they've upgraded from last year

And by the way Axtell if you don't think Terry Glenn is a deep threat you don't know much about football my friend
  • Options

<< <i>
    And by the way Axtell if you don't think Terry Glenn is a deep threat you don't know much about football my friend >>

hahahahaha

Talk about YOU being the funny guy!

Terry Glenn is a deep threat? Since when? He's 30 years old, and here are his receptions and yards for the past few years:

2004 24 400
    2003 52 754
    2002 56 817
    2001 14 204
    2000 79 963
    1999 69 1147

So it's been 5 years since he's had a 1000 yard season, yet I am ignorant for not considering him a deep threat? You think it says something when he's over 30 and hasn't sniffed 1000 yards in 5 years?

And then you have Meshawn lining up opposite him...and no one will ever consider him a speed guy....I saw him first hand in Tampa. He'll block, he's a great possession receiver, but he's not going to outrun anyone.

• Options
    Keyshaw is not asked to out run people, just to move the chains and make the tough catch over the middle. Which he does. I know you don't watch many Boys games but Glenn is a deep threat and does have a knack for finding the Endzone. He was hurt last year and missed much of the season. So the Boys will be better this year and fighting for the East title.
  • Options
    Like i said if you dont think Glenn is a deep threat you don't know much about football, which im seriously starting to believe

P.S Put the N.F.L Almanac down and try watching a game sometime image
  • Options

<< <i>Like i said if you dont think Glenn is a deep threat you don't know much about football, which im seriously starting to believe

P.S Put the N.F.L Almanac down and try watching a game sometime image >>

I probably watch more games than you do. I've had sunday ticket since it became available, and I doubt there is anyone outside of Dallas who considers Glenn a speed threat.

Even though he was injured last year, in his 2 previous games, he was only able to get 50 or so catches, for about 800 yards. And he 'somehow finds the end zone'? 7 TD's in 2 years is finding the end zone?

Look I am not going to argue minute facts here, but Glenn is not a speed threat, no matter how much you want him to be. The fact he's over 30 doesn't help him, either.
  • Options
    << I probably watch more games than you do. I've had sunday ticket since it became available, and I doubt there is anyone outside of Dallas who considers Glenn a speed threat. >>

Nah, were in the same boat there. I've had the Ticket for years and also have had NBA League Pass since 2000 i believe and just stopped getting MLB Extra innings last year . Wife won that battle

I haven't missed a Cowboy game in lord knows how long so you can believe any of those stats you want, the fact is Glenn did stretch the field as a Cowboy and has his whole career. Maybe your getting him mixed up with another player or something .
  • Options
  • Options
    dont understand this pickup? but what the heck
  • Options
    A-train is a bigger back than either Jones or Barber . He'll make for a nice change of pace back

Plus what happens if Jones goes down again ? I wouldn't want to rely on a rookie to carry the load
  • Options
    I'm taking out my Phillies losing anger in this thread....

COWBOYS SUCK!!!!!
  • Options
    Well Well Well

Lookie what i came across here Axtell

Glenn has no speed and is not a deep threat huh

SCOUTING REPORT: Terry Glenn still has tremendous speed and excellent hands. If he can stay healthy, he will give Dallas the big-play receiver coach Bill Parcells wants to line up alongside Jason Witten. Glenn is tough enough to run crossing routes in the middle of the field, and he has the speed to run past two-deep coverage, if the safety cheats too much in the middle of the field. He will drop a pass every now and then because of a concentration lapse, but he makes some spectacular grabs. He tore a ligament in his foot last October, ending his season, but has fully recovered and is running the 40 in the 4.4s.

I am a forgiving kind of guy so i do accept your appology lol image
  • Options

<< <i>

I am a forgiving kind of guy so i do accept your appology lol image >>

First, how sad is it you dug this thread up from how long ago?

Second, who cares? How long has it been since he's had a good year? Come talk to me when he has 1000 yards receiving (I suspect you'll be holding your tongue a long, long time).
  • Options
    First, how sad is it you dug this thread up from how long ago?

Ya your right it was just so loooong ago. Had to flip thru pages and pages of topics to find it. Try 2nd page pal

Second, who cares?

Figured you'd lose interest once you were proven wrong

Sure you have NFL Sunday Ticket ?

• Options
    Kobe

Lost cuase man! axtell is never wrong!!!! just keep checking threads! Mets are gonna crush the mariners so he will be crying that week also. saying something like pedro and beltran and floyd and reyes and piazza and wright all stink! bc there not mariners.

we all know the cowboys will be much better this year. ( heck axtell said we would be 10-6) !!
  • Options
    I find it humorous that you are hanging your deep WR threat on a guy who hasn't sniffed 1000 yards in half a decade. And funnier still in thinking Bledsoe is either going to have the time to go deep or have the accuracy to get it deep.

Think it's coincidence that Buffalo chose a guy with 5 career snaps over Bledsoe?
  • Options
    axtell you do relize the cowboys have 3 starting pro bowlers on there line this year. and they are strong behind them. look for julius jones to have a great year. if he gets hurt we have another rookie people are high on and the a train.

as for the passing game we will be fine, bledsoe can still throw the ball. he will be better then vinny was. add a healthy running game to that and a much better defense!! well like you said 10-6! im thinking 9-7(wild card all the way to ) 12-4 division champs!
  • Options
    I find it humorous that you are hanging your deep WR threat on a guy who hasn't sniffed 1000 yards in half a decade. And funnier still in thinking Bledsoe is either going to have the time to go deep or have the accuracy to get it deep.

I find it humorous that all you do is throw stats around all the time without knowing what your talking about.

Do me a favor, put down the NFL Almanac, pick up your t.v controller and order the NFL Sunday ticket so you can actually watch the games this year so in future discussions you'll have some sort of idea of what your talking about

axtell you do relize the cowboys have 3 starting pro bowlers on there line this year.

Of course he dosen't . If he didn't know Glenn, who's been in the league for how many years now has speed, how's he supposed to know how good Dallas's O-line is . They don't tell you this stuff in the NFL Almanac
  • Options
    What good does his speed do is he's sitting on the sideline hurt?

And you guys seem fixated on having those pro bowlers on the O line. Who cares?

Do you think it's a coincidence that Dallas has been scooping up other team's castoffs? I mean Buffalo ditches Bledsoe in favor of JP, a QB with essentially NO NFL experience.

Anyways, I should know better than trying to talk football with a couple of cowboy FANATICS...unable to even see the facts straight.
  • Options
    <<< cowboy FANATICS >>>

That's telling 'em Axtell. Thank goodness Eagles fans ain't like that! image
  • Options
    Anyways, I should know better than trying to talk football with a couple of cowboy FANATICS...unable to even see the facts straight.

Funny how i showed that you had no idea what you were talking about with Glenn yet " we " don't see the facts straight lol . Way to put a spin on things

Do you think it's a coincidence that Dallas has been scooping up other team's castoffs?

And Ike Hilliard isn't a castoff ? Give me a friggin break dude

• Options

<< <i>

Do you think it's a coincidence that Dallas has been scooping up other team's castoffs?

And Ike Hilliard isn't a castoff ? Give me a friggin break dude >>

But did you see me here claiming Ike Hilliard as my team's deep threat? He may not even make the team...he was signed for the league minimum...hardly a far cry from 'oh my god he's our deep theat!'

I think I'm the one needing a break here..a break from these cowgirl fanbois.