Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

What a joke!

I saw this on another thread, and I e-mailed the seller what grade this was. He replied none. I replied back: then why is it shown in a graded holder and if this was the actual card for sale? Waiting for response.

Stingray

LINK

Comments

• Options
    SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    He's sold a bunch of $1 Hot Wheels and Comic Books and only one big $ card. Now he has a bunch for sale? That are in PSA holders, but not really? Doesn't pass the sniff test.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't have the "usual" scam feel to it. He does have reserves on the cards and has overpriced a few of the starting prices on some other cards. Be interesting to see what is the response.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    He said that the grade was none, what does that mean? I asked hime if he could send a scan of the card and the holder, his reply was that was the whole scan. I told him that it is obvious that the card is in some type of graded holder.

Stingray
  • Options
    I forgot to say that if I wanted to bid on it to just bid on it. I replied that I would if I believed that it was an honest sell. But I knew that it was in a graded holder and wanted to see the whole card and could not understand why he wouldn't. He replied back that he is an honest seller and the he was pretty sure the card was graded. What a moron. I again replied. Then what grade is it?? No response.

Stingray
  • Options
    Stingray.......
    the Ted Williams card is also in a graded holder ????(maybe it's the serial number they don't want you to see) ???

YES the person is a complete moron or scam artist.......the RARE 1975 Toronto Blue Jays Bobble head for sale would be a one of a kind big bucks rare....if indeed it was from 1975(NOT)......well considering the Jays first game was in 1977 image
    also a the bottom of that listing it says send payment to Mary ......so maybe the seller had a sex change during the course of the auction listing..........

stay away!!!!!!

• Options
    It could be that these sportscard items were stolen. That's my feeling.
  • Options
    Looked at this again because that 57 Williams looked interesting. He has sold a few high priced cards in the past 30 days. He had that 57 Williams listed before - it went to $430 but didn't meet the reserve. He seems to know what he's got here and the value.
  • Options
    Any opinions on the 57 Williams from this guy? I know my 50s and 60s Topps very,very well but this ones got me a little stuck. Any thoughts on it being trimmed?

Ebay Link to 57 Williams
  • Options
    Again this card is in some type of holder, does he say that it is I did not read the whole description?

Is he selling this exact card or is he using a picture and selling a different 57 Williams?

Stingray
  • Options
    seinbigdseinbigd Posts: 206 ✭✭