Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Selling: 1984 Olympic TEAM USA autographed bat

Although a very cool piece, it's time for a new home.....

1984 Olympic bat

BOTR

Comments

• Options
    BugOnTheRugBugOnTheRug Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭
    .....less than 40 minutes to go...........be the first on your block, town, city, county, or state to own one.

BOTR
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    ever think of changing your name to spam on the rug?

LOL

Nice to see you back! Good Luck on the auction

JS
  • Options
    Bat didn't sell so I'm going to cut it into tiny pieces and put them inside resealed 85 topps wax packs and sell the packs for $10 each.............LOL

Spam on the Rug? Nah, probably won't change it to that.

JS - here's some baseball trivia:

Do you know where the name/phrase bug-on-the-rug came from?
  • Options
    well im young- 21- so i dont recall the exact refrence, but i do remember hearing it in relation to an old announcer "nellie king"? and 3 rivers stadium in Pitt-

little help?
    Looking to Trade and Buy Tony Romo GU/Autos/RCS
  • Options
    Well, you're close young man...........

Bob Prince, KDKA Pittsburgh's 'voice of the Pirates' in the 60's and 70's used this phrase when a Pirate hit a ball into the LC or RC gap, rolling past the fielders and heading for the fence.....

"2 and 1 on Sanguillen....... there's a liner just over Helms at second and into the gap......... Pinson can't get it............Rose is.......he can't get it......we got a bug-on-the-rug!

BOTR
  • Options
    You should get that bat PSA/DNA authenticated then auction it off at a big auction house, you would get a nice premium for it there imo. Nice item!
  • Options
    KJH,
    Other feedback suggests the same. I originally didn't based on the fact these these are known, serial numbered bats with the 'Thyberg Sports Marketing' lazer engraving. To forge this bat and the autos would be nearly impossible and I doubt cost effective. It would be much easier to counterfeit something else for the same money.

Regardless, public opinion seems to want this, so I may spend the money to do so. Some friends suggested including all the 85T olympic cards in psa 9/10 holders and maybe a team photo and then do a display. I've also thought about doing an entire baseball olympic display, complete with the 1988 bat and beyond teams. That would be a way cool display and if I were to sell should do well in a Mastro, Superior, etc. type auction.