Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

M.J. Roop

To those who have owned or seen their products...I'm trying to decide between the Archiver Card Box and the Wooden Preservation Box. Any opinions?

Comments

• Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Wood box, all the way. I've got 1 cardboard and 3 wood.
    The wood ones are stronger and look incrementally better. The cardboard one is not quite lining up as well when it closes as it did a year ago. The wood seems pretty tough, and I don't think it will wear at all in time.
    If you're ordering the checklist to go on the inside ask if you can proof the info first. Mine had a bunch of factual errors that aren't a big deal but it sort of bugs me.
    All in all a great company to deal with, selling an excellent product.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    Thanks for the info. How does the checklist work? Do I just name a set and they pull up in their infinite database or do I have to send them a checklist? (and if it's in their system, can I make corrections to it to include variations of the same card number?)
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    It's in their system. However, they are so customer service oriented I would think you could make corrections.
    I had the checklist included with my cardboard box. It had minor errors like Hal Chase and Ed Cicotte being in the HOF, and Branch Rickey and Edd Rousch not being in. Not a huge deal, and I"m sure if I sent it back they'd correct it. But if this sort of thing bugs you (or you want to add variations) I'd go thru it in advance.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see wood boxes that hold 1952-55 red man tobacco sets graded by Psa or Sgc some day.

aconte
  • Options

<< <i>It's in their system. However, they are so customer service oriented I would think you could make corrections.
    I had the checklist included with my cardboard box. It had minor errors like Hal Chase and Ed Cicotte being in the HOF, and Branch Rickey and Edd Rousch not being in. Not a huge deal, and I"m sure if I sent it back they'd correct it. But if this sort of thing bugs you (or you want to add variations) I'd go thru it in advance. >>

We are happy to correct any errors that may have been made. Please contact us at (877) 620-7667, Monday - Friday, 8am-5pm est or email me at sales@mjroop.com and I would be happy to assist you further.
    Kris
    Customer Care
    M.J. Roop Archivers
  • Options
    PinkcatfishPinkcatfish Posts: 377 ✭✭
    I too have both types - If you are OK with the price - go wood.

J