Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

another ebay seller idiot

I know someone on one of the forums here was talking about guys who selling off their collection because they need college money for their kids or some other BS. Just thought I would show another horrid example of a guy trying to rip people off. I am getting sick of these people are you?? Check the seller's feedback, he just sold an SGC Namath RC.

1935 National Chicle Bronco scam
Running an Ebay store sure takes a lot more time than a person would think!

Comments

• Options
    SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    Who are the people that actually bid on these things? Same with the people who think they're going to get a Honus Wagner for a $100. Come on.

Look at this Nagurski reprint that sold for $63! What? Why? It's an obvious reprint/fake.
  • Options
    The nagurski reprint seller (lindascards2005) sells a lot of cards of questionable authenticity : take a look at her completed auctions...

VintageReprints
    Collecting all things Pittsburgh.

Completed my Clemente Basic Registry (2007 - 2014)!

Positive transactions with oakesy25,jasoneggert,swartz1,MBMiller25,gregm13,kid4hof03,HoopGuru33,Reese3333,BPorter26,Davemri
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    That is a joke! It looks like all of those reprints were made to appear older in the exact same manner. The corners look identical on each of those cards as if the same process was used. Isn't there another seller from Friendship, OH selling this kind of crap?

Stingray
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    The sellers are stating in their auction that the card is a reprint. So, if the people are paying that much then they are being lazy and not reading the description or the believe the reprint is actually worth that much. The only fault I see the seller doing is not putting the word "Reprint" in their auction title. That leaves everybody with the assumption that they are trying to pull a fast one, which they probably are. If I was knowingly selling a reprint that is exacting identical to the original card, I would write "Reprint" on the back of the card so that nobody could use it to rip off somebody else in the future.
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The sellers are stating in their auction that the card is a reprint. So, if the people are paying that much then they are being lazy and not reading the description or the believe the reprint is actually worth that much. The only fault I see the seller doing is not putting the word "Reprint" in their auction title. That leaves everybody with the assumption that they are trying to pull a fast one, which they probably are. If I was knowingly selling a reprint that is exacting identical to the original card, I would write "Reprint" on the back of the card so that nobody could use it to rip off somebody else in the future. >>

I agree. The seller is forthcoming w/ the fact that this is a reprint. Plus there is no language that "from what I can see this looks original..." bs that I see in a lot of these auctions.

Regards,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    kingraider75kingraider75 Posts: 1,500 ✭✭
    gregm and wabbitwax have a good point that he states reprint the auction. The problem I have is that the seller talks about "some guy cleaning out a card collection" and how he "doesn't know anything about the card", yet he is selling vintage graded football cards. I think this is where he is trying to pull a fast one on a newbie to collecting who doesn't know that the green back is a reprint. He may not be the most dishonest seller, but he's not honest either.
    Running an Ebay store sure takes a lot more time than a person would think!