Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Where are the PSA 10 Molitor/Trammell Rookies?

The Pop report lists 9 PSA 10's of this tough card. None are in the Tram or Molly player sets and none are in the 1978 sets on the registry. The last time I saw one on ebay was at least 18 months ago. Does anyone have one, or no anybody that has one? What would they sell for? The last one on ebay sold for around $1500.
Jim
Collecting all graded Alan Trammell graded cards as well as graded 1984 Topps, Donruss, and Fleer Detroit Tigers

Comments

• Options
    mealewormmealeworm Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭
    I saw two of them the other day looking for a picture of one on the registry. Ken Matteson has one in his post war HOF set. I cant remember where the other was at, but likely not atop that particular set.
    1957 Topps 99% 7.40 GPA
    Hank Aaron Basic PSA 7-8(75%)
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Dmitri has [at least] one
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options

<< <i>Dmitri has [at least] one >>

But does he have an homers this year?image
  • Options
    Many of the high grade cards are under lock and key. On my 38 goudey set there are 19 PSA 9s, and I have never seen one for sale in 2 years. there are 300 PSA 8s and i've seen 4 for sale in 2 years... 2 of which were dimaggios, one doerr, and one common...

GG
  • Options
    Goudey,

Here's an amazing piece in the current Goodwin auction.

I wonder if we'll see another one this decade.......
  • Options
    HOOOOOOOLY CRAAAAAAAAAAP!!!!!!! I'm amazed they still give a 9 to a card with obvious toning though... Either way, the centering is insane as are the corners of course, although the top right looks a little touched. Maybe a "low" 9, but still absolutely unreal for this set.

Thanks again for the pic and the info on the goodwin auction, i'll go check the site now!!

GG
  • Options
    Stuff that's good usually ends up on mastro. greed overtakes all. Why would someone sell you something directly for $1500, when on Mastro they can get $2500?
  • Options
    As part of a larger effort to compile a spreadsheet tracing all Trammell basic PSA 10s (something that's surprisingly easy to do because there were so few when I started and few active submitters), I combed the set registries for these a long time ago. At that time two turned up: one in Chris Renaud's 300 Great Cards set, which is still there; and Tony Westley's Trammell Basic set, which was removed some time ago and a 9 registered in its place. For whatever reason I never asked Tony what he did with his 10.

Entertaining question--I've been slacking on my spreadsheet and am inspired to get it back up to date.

Peter G.
    Always looking for PSA 9 or better Alan Trammell basic set cards. Visit my Trammell card web site at "www.trammellcards.com"
  • Options
    jimtbjimtb Posts: 704 ✭✭
    Hi Peter,
    I should have know that you'd be tracking this stuff. Thanks for the insight. When's the last time that you saw a 10 for sale?
    Jim
    Collecting all graded Alan Trammell graded cards as well as graded 1984 Topps, Donruss, and Fleer Detroit Tigers
  • Options
    Oh, man, I don't even remember; it's definitely been a while. I don't generally keep records of individual auctions. I do remember that the last high-end Molitor/Trammell rookie available on eBay was an SGC 98 and not a PSA 10 (there appear to be a couple of these as well unless they've been crossed). It went in the $1500 range if I recall and was a good-looking card; it compared reasonably well to the PSA 10's I've seen.

Peter G.
    Always looking for PSA 9 or better Alan Trammell basic set cards. Visit my Trammell card web site at "www.trammellcards.com"